ooooooooooo

Switched 12v source

B

Bister

Where is a good spot to find a switched 12v source I can tie into?
I tied into the power point wire to trigger a relay for my extra fuse box. I think there is a spot on the ignition also if you know how to get into it. There are a few other also.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I tied into the power point wire to trigger a relay for my extra fuse box. I think there is a spot on the ignition also if you know how to get into it. There are a few other also.
For my power accessories that I did not want on while key or accessory is on, I tapped off the provided stud on the positive battery terminal. I add an in line fuse on any wire I have run there. Just find the correct nut and washers. May be 1/4-20 or a metric. Can't remember.

I also added a power switch to control them separate from the key. I kill all power to my radio and GPS so I don't get a power drain on the battery during storage down time.

I added an all weather switch in one of the factory dash switch locations that have the blank offs. I used a switch I found at AutoZone.

IMG_20200325_141841.jpg IMG_20200325_141853.jpg IMG_20180901_235748.jpg

B

Bister

For my power accessories that I did not want on while key or accessory is on, I tapped off the provided stud on the positive battery terminal. I add an in line fuse on any wire I have run there. Just find the correct nut and washers. May be 1/4-20 or a metric. Can't remember.

I also added a power switch to control them separate from the key. I kill all power to my radio and GPS so I don't get a power drain on the battery during storage down time.

I added an all weather switch in one of the factory dash switch locations that have the blank offs. I used a switch I found at AutoZone.

View attachment 6582 View attachment 6583 View attachment 6584
That is close to what I did. My fuse box is hooked direct to the battery, but I use a relay triggered by the power point wire to turn the extra fuse block on and off instead of a manual switch. Everything goes off with the key. You can replace your manual switch with a $4 relay and it becomes all automatic with the key.

This is my extra fuse block that all my after market stuff is hooked to. It comes on and off with the key so I have no power drains. FYI: this is before I tied up the wiring. lol

446D138C-32CF-415C-8721-A6A82C3E0D24.jpeg

75f250

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just added more circuits into the original fuse box under to hood to avoid adding any clutter from an extra fuse box and relays

75f250

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It was pico pack-con 1 or 2 can’t find the pack. I removed the fuse box from its mount and opened the back. Tied it into keyed power inside the boxCE609114-99A9-44B5-B4A7-E4D86E71102E.png I did have to modify the fuse connectors a bit