ooooooooooo

Stupid-Simple Tow Bar Mounts

lcp

These were quickly made from 2 1/2", 1/4" wall square tubing cut at a 45 degree angle. They work well to attach a tow bar to the front of the Roxor and, I think, they will make good recovery points for a tow strap if I need a little assistance off road.

1669997188823.jpeg
1669997209868.jpeg

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello to my friends on the forum. I recently took ownership of my parents class A motorhome. I want to be able to flat tow (no trailer) my 2019 stock auto trans Roxor behind it. Would anyone know if I can simply put both transmission and transfer case in neutral and tow it without putting excessive wear on drivetrain?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
T case in neutral and trans in gear.

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello to my friends on the forum. I recently took ownership of my parents class A motorhome. I want to be able to flat tow (no trailer) my 2019 stock auto trans Roxor behind it. Would anyone know if I can simply put both transmission and transfer case in neutral and tow it without putting excessive wear on drivetrain?
CAN NOT tow an automatic transmission ROXOR with the wheels down. Damage will result.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
When I did that to my stock bumper, the tow bar really bent the (junk) bumper. Replaced with 4inch channel iron. Rc

Fred

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have the same 2019 roxor with auto trans. I put hubs on and it works fine

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is this different than other automatic transmission cars that are flat towed?
I'm not sure of any auto trans vehicles that can be towed wheels down in neutral. The auto trans depends on the engine to lubricate it while it's working. Towing an auto trans spins all the gears and bearings without lubrication. If things have changed with the newer cars that I missed and you can tow them, I apologize. The damage can be substantial, I'd make sure with the manufacturer before towing anything.

Reactions: 1BB