ooooooooooo

Street legal in Georgia

Roxmyworld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Do you already have a roxor?
I don’t, I went to the dealer over the weekend, looked at them, test drove one, and am hooked, 1/2 the appeal of them is that it could possibly be driven legally on the road, I’m in the same boat as other posters, I would buy one in a heartbeat if I knew for sure I could register it for road use, I researched the reproduction antique statute in Ga, and dirt legal, both seem viable, I’m just trying to make sure I go about it the proper way, for hassle free enjoyment from now on

Thanks for the reply

Jim

CLN

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello everyone looking to get a roxor and I was wondering if anyone knew what the laws are in Georgia pertaining to utvs and street use is it possible I would love to be able to drive the roxor to town when needed. Thanks everyone.
There is a lot of misinformation out there and every state is different. Just go on line and search your particular State / County for info. We are fortunate here in Arizona - piece of cake to register golf carts, side by sides, and 4 wheelers for on / off road use. My dealer supplied the title and off road plate and tab, then I took that to the DMV for on road tab (you put one of each on the plate). Arizona Dealers will only deliver with off road tab for liability reasons. Also on road tab in AZ requires proof of Liability insurance (mine was $95 per year but I elected full coverage Liability, comp, theft etc for $285 yr).
Speaking of theft: the roxor can be hot-wired in a heart beat, or just towed away using another vehicle and someone to steer the Roxor, so I suggest a steering wheel to brake pedal locking device. Got a good one on Amazon for $36

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hello, if you have a farm you can legally drive it for farm use on any road except an interstate highway as long as you have a slow moving vehicle triangle on it. Obviously if you are using it a substantial distance from your farm it would be suspect.

JOEY

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
One main issue is not being street legal, but liability. My insurance company will not cover a roxor. Being " Off-road use" will not be acceptable if you drive on the highway and hit someone. Even if you have a South Dakota tag but hit someone on street, you paying all out of your pocket.

Checked with several other insurance companies and they all say the same. That is the main reason why I can not get one. Not concerned about getting pulled for S Dakota tag but paying for someone's medical bills and new car if I am at fault. My agent said as long as I can get registration in Georgia they will cover it regardless of it being "offroad". Can not get registered in Georgia due to it not passing Federal Safety Standards according to my tax commisioner.

Total shame, love Roxor's but to much liability.

If I am off base on my analysis please correct me . I would love to get one.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
One main issue is not being street legal, but liability. My insurance company will not cover a roxor. Being " Off-road use" will not be acceptable if you drive on the highway and hit someone. Even if you have a South Dakota tag but hit someone on street, you paying all out of your pocket.

Checked with several other insurance companies and they all say the same. That is the main reason why I can not get one. Not concerned about getting pulled for S Dakota tag but paying for someone's medical bills and new car if I am at fault. My agent said as long as I can get registration in Georgia they will cover it regardless of it being "offroad". Can not get registered in Georgia due to it not passing Federal Safety Standards according to my tax commisioner.

Wouldn’t have that issue if you bought one in Michigan

Musmdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

You would need to get insurance coverage in South Dakota. It would then apply anywhere you drive the vehicle. Your insurance and registration would match as well.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am here in Georgia and drive it most anywhere. I don't go on the freeways, but all others I move about freely. I have it licensed for on road. It does have the small plate, but have had no issures with local law. It is chipped and I fun right along with normal traffic. It has been militarized a bit and sports a cj windshield and rollbar. Built a halfcab and covered the grill with a blackout screen. All Roxor decals and such are no more.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I drive mine around town also on occasion but didnt bother with the South Dakota registration or plate because the folks there told me the registration will clearly indicate its for offroad use. I feel around where I live the small motorcycle plate is likely to actually draw the attention of the cops more than not.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello everyone looking to get a roxor and I was wondering if anyone knew what the laws are in Georgia pertaining to utvs and street use is it possible I would love to be able to drive the roxor to town when needed. Thanks everyone.
I drive mine everywhere. Pass the law all the time without issues. Mine is plated road legal not street legal. Mine is plated in washington st, but I have moved down here so we will see when I have to change the title to georgia.

I am now full plated in Georgia.

Last edited:

Gypsyjon

The very first Roxor I saw in person had a full size Georgia plate on it. As I recall the Roxor came from a dealer in Peach County, or maybe somewhere near Perry GA.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just to refresh this Georgia thread, Gov Kemp passed a law that I believe started in December 2023. They are allowing side by side UTV to legally drive on the streets. I haven't found the official rules. I think gross weight needs to be under 4000lbs. That puts some out of the question unless a waiver can be attained. I'm not even sure if turn signals and a windshield are required. Either way, once I install turn signals, I will make the attempt to register mine. $25 per year.