ooooooooooo

Street Legal in Illinois?

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Been looking around for a while and decided to pull the trigger on a MI street legal 2018 Roxor (3.5K miles). It has a VIN and MI "assembled vehicle" title. Does anyone know if can get this street legal in IL with the MI street legal title? Thanks in advance.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had mine street legal for 2 years through Dirt Legal. I recently got a letter saying Illinois is recalling my plates and title. I had to send them in. waiting on the ATV title now so i can sell it :{ Illinois sucks

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I had mine street legal for 2 years through Dirt Legal. I recently got a letter saying Illinois is recalling my plates and title. I had to send them in. waiting on the ATV title now so i can sell it :{ Illinois sucks
Did you have actual IL plates or South Dakota or Montana through Dirt Legal? Thanks and I agree IL sucks:)

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Ok - thanks. I was able to get a full size IL plate yesterday by using the MI Title that came with the Roxor I bought. I was very happy about that.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@cabinman: as what was the thing formerly know as a Roxor titled in Michigan? A Jeep of a certain model year?

@toolsinaction:
- Once Illinois issued the title for the big plates, what did the Roxor turn into? Was it titled as a Jeep of a certain model year?
- How did Dirt Legal get big plates in Illinois for you? Isn't there some kind of DMV inspection required to get a Vin issued for something that does not have a Vin already? Did you take the Roxor to the inspection site after Dirt Legal set up the inspection?

I am intrigued by how Dirt Legal got big plates in Illinois.
If there is a state that issues big plates without an inspection (so I would not have to haul the vehicle to that state), that would be perfect. I just don't think there is such a thing.

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
@cabinman: as what was the thing formerly know as a Roxor titled in Michigan? A Jeep of a certain model year?

@toolsinaction:
- Once Illinois issued the title for the big plates, what did the Roxor turn into? Was it titled as a Jeep of a certain model year?
- How did Dirt Legal get big plates in Illinois for you? Isn't there some kind of DMV inspection required to get a Vin issued for something that does not have a Vin already? Did you take the Roxor to the inspection site after Dirt Legal set up the inspection?

I am intrigued by how Dirt Legal got big plates in Illinois.
If there is a state that issues big plates without an inspection (so I would not have to haul the vehicle to that state), that would be perfect. I just don't think there is such a thing.
I did not use Dirt Legal. I did it myself. They did not title it as a jeep since is was an "assembled pickup" based on the MI Title.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@cabinman: Sorry for the confusion! The question about using Dirt Legal was for member Toolsinaction.
Now that you have you have it titled in Illinois, what vehicle is now (e.g. now it is a CJ or something else? What year?)

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
@cabinman: Sorry for the confusion! The question about using Dirt Legal was for member Toolsinaction.
Now that you have you have it titled in Illinois, what vehicle is now (e.g. now it is a CJ or something else? What year?)
The local DMV titled it as an "assembled pickup".

Rocshow

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had Mine Titled in Washington state, I then added the necessary components to make it street legal in Washington as a UTV. After the inspection they issued a new title and now i can have either plate. As a side note the inspection is done at a motorcycle shop.