ooooooooooo

Starter

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Sounds like my third starter is going out, one a year since I got my 2018
My dealer in Soldotna Ak.doesn’t sell Roxors anymore.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is it a common problem? I have an 18 no issues, is it a common starter?
From what I’ve seen here and Facebook groups the starters are problem prone, Primarily from being in mud and water. They are not sealed very well seems to be the consensus for the root cause. That said my 18 is on the original starter but I did buy a spare for when the time comes. But I also avoid water and mud so it may be awhile, but who knows. once its replaced the bad starter will be sent off to get rebuilt at our local starter and battery shop. I figured that’s the best plan of action for a known trouble part, especially given the recent parts shortages that Mahindra and every parts manufacturers seem to be having as of lately.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Txroadkill, thanks that is good info, I will keep an eye on mine, as I just moved to an area with mud and a bunch of creeks ( very different from dry humid free Utah) ? lol

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I wonder if being up in Alaska has anything to do with it. Cold weather means it could be cranking much more and longer than vehicles in warmer climates. The average life of a starter motor is really not that long to begin with, at about 5 to 10 hours max, but it's reduced only by a few seconds each time, unless you need to crank it and crank it in cold weather in very thick oil and a very stiff engine. Add all these factors up and the load on the starter is MUCH more than warmer climates. Now she's being abused like a red headed stepchild, but what can you do when it's so cold.

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
These starters hate water. If they get under water, you will have problems and probably be replacing it. Just some fyi from experience. Second starter has never been under water and all is fine. I don't know if that is what caused your problem, could be just a bad starters.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
From what I’ve seen here and Facebook groups the starters are problem prone, Primarily from being in mud and water. They are not sealed very well seems to be the consensus for the root cause. That said my 18 is on the original starter but I did buy a spare for when the time comes. But I also avoid water and mud so it may be awhile, but who knows. once its replaced the bad starter will be sent off to get rebuilt at our local starter and battery shop. I figured that’s the best plan of action for a known trouble part, especially given the recent parts shortages that Mahindra and every parts manufacturers seem to be having as of lately.
I sent my starter to a starter / alternator repair shop and he couldn't fix it or rebuild it, couldn't find the replacement parts needed

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well that is disappointing to hear. Anybody know of a different starter that might work?

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
These starters hate water. If they get under water, you will have problems and probably be replacing it. Just some fyi from experience. Second starter has never been under water and all is fine. I don't know if that is what caused your problem, could be just a bad starters.
I’m still waiting on my starter order, I was also wondering if it can be sealed to keep the water out, my three rhinos never had starter issues and would go in water almost up to the seats

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check out the mahindra tractor shop for engine parts instead of an auto parts store.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check out the mahindra tractor shop for engine parts instead of an auto parts store.
i stopped by our local mahindra tractor shop. and they told me they don't have access to the roxor parts catalog. i was hoping to have a place close to pick up filters and other items.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How are the automatic ones different from manual ones? ...they have a different stock # .
The housings in the way they mount up because of the bell housings/trans. I understand you can take the guts out of one and transfer them in the other. Haven’t tried it but I’ve heard others who claim they did.

wstroeing

Sounds like my third starter is going out, one a year since I got my 2018
My dealer in Soldotna Ak.doesn’t sell Roxors anymore.
Menotu,
My dealer doesn't sell Roxors anymore either. Besser's Bike Barn in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota. Seems the company just dropped them completely without warning. To find out the company did that to many other suppliers. I have not found a place to get parts since my 4 wheel drive on my 2019 Roxor went out. I'm not finding any answers and I have been to at least 7 different locations that once sold them but got dropped as well.
Does anyone know where to get these serviced?
This Roxor is not the same without 4 wheel drive. I've been stuck at least 8 times while plowing snow. So disappointed with Mahindra right now.
Looking for answers...anyone have one? The company won't respond either...

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Menotu,
My dealer doesn't sell Roxors anymore either. Besser's Bike Barn in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota. Seems the company just dropped them completely without warning. To find out the company did that to many other suppliers. I have not found a place to get parts since my 4 wheel drive on my 2019 Roxor went out. I'm not finding any answers and I have been to at least 7 different locations that once sold them but got dropped as well.
Does anyone know where to get these serviced?
This Roxor is not the same without 4 wheel drive. I've been stuck at least 8 times while plowing snow. So disappointed with Mahindra right now.
Looking for answers...anyone have one? The company won't respond either...
There’s several online outlets to get parts. What’s your Roxor doing that 4 wheel doesn’t work? They don’t typically just go out. i bet the linkage came off under the body. i seem to recall that some guys had linkages with the cotters that weren’t spread very well. It’s possible the cotter came out and the inkage came undone. Might be a simple hooking back up and putting another pin in it

wstroeing

The linkage is not the issue as I've looked and observed while some put it throgh the gears. Went I put it in 4-wheel low, I can tell it works as I can only go so fast. When in 4-wheel high, I can go faster but one wheel spins in the front and only one wheel spins in the rear. Never all four spin. I no longer trust it to go through what it used to go through.
I was told by Besser's that it is a clutch that went out? I'm confused as to that idea.
Thanks so much for your input.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The linkage is not the issue as I've looked and observed while some put it throgh the gears. Went I put it in 4-wheel low, I can tell it works as I can only go so fast. When in 4-wheel high, I can go faster but one wheel spins in the front and only one wheel spins in the rear. Never all four spin. I no longer trust it to go through what it used to go through.
I was told by Besser's that it is a clutch that went out? I'm confused as to that idea.
Thanks so much for your input.
Unless you had locking diffs installed either as a factory option or aftermarket your 4 wheel drive is functioning normally. That’s the way open diffs operate.