ooooooooooo

Starter

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The housings in the way they mount up because of the bell housings/trans. I understand you can take the guts out of one and transfer them in the other. Haven’t tried it but I’ve heard others who claim they did.
Done that plenty of times with other starters. Your only changing the nose cone not the guts. Might be a good option if you can at least find one for an automatic.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The linkage is not the issue as I've looked and observed while some put it throgh the gears. Went I put it in 4-wheel low, I can tell it works as I can only go so fast. When in 4-wheel high, I can go faster but one wheel spins in the front and only one wheel spins in the rear. Never all four spin. I no longer trust it to go through what it used to go through.
I was told by Besser's that it is a clutch that went out? I'm confused as to that idea.
Thanks so much for your input.
Sir I hate to be the Bearer of bad news but all stock Roxors only pull with one wheel in front and one wheel in back. This is the same with any normal jeep except a Rubicon. To get all 4 wheels spinning you need Lockers.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just wanted to compare the different bolt pattern between a manual and an automatic starter .....how different are they?

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Got a call from the new dealer in Ak. That they are 8 to 12 weeks out on my starters ordered 2 , when they get them they will see if they can be sealed , like a snow machines

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sir I hate to be the Bearer of bad news but all stock Roxors only pull with one wheel in front and one wheel in back. This is the same with any normal jeep except a Rubicon. To get all 4 wheels spinning you need Lockers.
I agree...there's nothing wrong with his Rox. Nearly all 4x4 vehicles behave like that if not equipped with locking diffs.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just wanted to compare the different bolt pattern between a manual and an automatic starter .....how different are they?
I cannot say for sure but normally the difference is in depth of the nose cone. The bolt pattern should be the same but the gear will not engage properly with the ring gear on the flywheel

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You have the part number on it?

Mrmoldmaker

Roxor Ownership
No longer own
I'm a new member and I joined because I got rid of my Roxor
But
I have two brand new starters still in sealed boxes I would like to sell
You pay shipping and let me know if interested

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I guess that is why my starter isn’t working any longer. Brushes are completely gone.

8528A7CC-7A79-4796-BBD0-97B49F67B58E.jpeg 961DB819-1869-4562-BC70-DE46F2E2BA17.jpeg FF66621A-C011-464C-8F52-7E6A8B5F40E7.jpeg

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I guess that is why my starter isn’t working any longer. Brushes are completely gone.

View attachment 10545 View attachment 10546 View attachment 10547

You know, I bet a dollar to a donut that the brushes in that Bosch starter, are the same across the board, and if you did a little searching, you'll find them online. I did a quick search just from what I could read off your starter and I bet this brush set will work. If not, I know the brushes will, so just take them off this one and install them on your brush housing. I used to rebuild starters and alternators all the time, and brushes are brushes across the board, and your housing and springs look fine.

I will say this though, if you can call and ask around if anyone has a "GROWLER" to check for shorts in the armature, do that before ordering parts, because if your armature is shorted, which rarely happens, then there's no sense in going any further. Clean up your commutator with fine emery paper, add a little high temp lube to the bushings and call it good.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone tried DB Electrical (dbelectrical.com) in Kingsport, TN, to see if they have a cross to the Roxor starter?

I have a +20 year old BMW motorcycle (of which were about 40k units built). A few years ago, the starter acted up. They had the original OE starter (made by Valeo) and an after market to chose from. The Valeo starter cost over $300. The aftermarket cost about $60. I picked the aftermarket.
Seems that they can get just about any starter for cars, farm equipment, motorcycles, generators. Why not for a Roxor (especially since the OE starter is a BOSCH).