ooooooooooo

Starter motor problems (parts replacement 10 days)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i see the thread on Facebook. Bister why don’t you get bordercollie’s info and pass it along to Kyle. Then Kyle can contact the dealer and get things squared away.

B

Bister

i see the thread on Facebook. Bister why don’t you get bordercollie’s info and pass it along to Kyle. Then Kyle can contact the dealer and get things squared away.
If the dealer put in a claim, KYLE would get the info and deny it or accept it but it sounds like the dealer has to look at it first and then it sits till it is done. They have there procedures at the dealers and at Roxor. When mine went, my dealer put in the claim and I went down when it came in a had it swapped out. 30 minutes. I guess I was lucky.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Kyle just commented that it won’t take 3 weeks on his end. Need to clarify if the dealer won’t look at it for a while and are blowing smoke or what. I’d contact the dealer and have them order the part. When it comes in take the Roxor in for warranty. Let them look at it and make the call/email. If nothing else offer to buy the part and put it on while they run the claim. If it’s approved you get a refund. If not your back where you are now. Bottom line is you need to get it to the dealer for warranty otherwise your in your own for the repair.

B

Bister

Kyle just commented that it won’t take 3 weeks on his end. Need to clarify if the dealer won’t look at it for a while and are blowing smoke or what. I’d contact the dealer and have them order the part. When it comes in take the Roxor in for warranty. Let them look at it and make the call/email. If nothing else offer to buy the part and put it on while they run the claim. If it’s approved you get a refund. If not your back where you are now. Bottom line is you need to get it to the dealer for warranty otherwise your in your own for the repair.
Yep, it sounds easy but it’s not now a days. Easier to just purchase the part and put it on yourself at some point, but now a days everyone has a long process to follow. Not like it use to be.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The starter hasn't acted up today of course. The dealer service dept wants to lay hands on the starter to make sure there's "nothing else going on." So If I can get it to the dealer when it's acting up , it can be ordered I guess. Now that the power is back on ( 2 days on generator/ no generator at the barn though so no lights or air compressor etc.. ) I have less on my mind and will concentrate on this starter more. I need it to act up again though.. darn it. One good thing is that I do have 2 more years of warranty as it's on record at the dealership even though I couldn't find my copy. I want to thank all of you for the help and comments.

edit , if/when it acts up again, I'll order the starter myself and have it waiting - on base that I will gt it credited back.

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well, my starter started acting up. Cant do without for a long time over a starter problem. Is one available any where other than the dealer? If so, the price of a starter could be spent quickly dealing with a dealer. Can the starter be removed and be cleaned and oiled with any luck? I have had it for less than a year and have 9k miles on it. It is a great machine up to this point, and I feel this is minor if you can get it repaired.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well, my starter started acting up. Cant do without for a long time over a starter problem. Is one available any where other than the dealer? If so, the price of a starter could be spent quickly dealing with a dealer. Can the starter be removed and be cleaned and oiled with any luck? I have had it for less than a year and have 9k miles on it. It is a great machine up to this point, and I feel this is minor if you can get it repaired.
Any alternato/starter shop that rebuilds them can rebuild yours or order another. How much it costs compared to OEM from a dealer is the big question. If I wasn’t worried about having warranty cover it I’d just pull it off and take to one. Let them put it on the bench and tell you what you have and your options. They should also be able to clean it if that’s what’s needed.

B

Bister

Did you talk to your dealer? When mine was acting up, I called them, they put in the claim immediately, claim was approved almost instantly, and they called me when the starter came in. I was in the shop 30 minutes top.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Still getting along with the occasional spin. Sure glad its not at the dealer now- with this virus going on. I'll do as suggested and do a cleaning myself if it gives much more spinning . Just hard to take it off right now - here on the farm with other stuff going on. We are self isolating to avoid the virus - if possible that is.. especially since we are in the older generation. Ya'll be safe out there.

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did take mine off, easy to do, and it was full of west Tex dust. I took it apart and cleaned it up. It did not show any amount of ware so I put back on and it works just fine now. The problem is the cover of the bell housing, it has a opening across the top that allows dirt to enter, also water and mud. Its like they did not finish building the cover. I did seal it with a sealer. It has a small hole at the bell housing that would let any water out if any got in. When any dirt or mud get in, the fly wheel is going to put it into the starter.

Bosn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Need a little help please. I had to replace my starter, no big deal it was run in mud and water. I got a new one from DF fast. Now I took the old one in to be rebuilt and the shop says they can't get a replacement cylinoid. Any help would be great
Bosn

Sent from my SM-T227U using Tapatalk

nsromaine

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
Starter motor full of mud and water no gaskets on bosh starter motor.
Factory answer 10 days and the dealership will get it.
Roxor thinks there building toys.
When their factory line goes down for 10 days for a $150.00 part I want to see them cry.
Anybody thinking about putting a Roxor to work every day think about 10 days for a part and they will not drop ship.
They are not ready at this time for a full time work vehicle.
10 days.
Thanks to the dealership they didn’t like Roxor’s answer ether. The part would be at the dealership in 5 days expedited.
They pulled a starter off, of one on the SHOW room floor!
Thanks to Jason from Plano Kawasaki
The new 2019 bosh starter has No Gaskets
We have an excellent replacement starter that is higher power, longer lasting, and sealed! Denso design which is the longest lasting starter ever designed and used by UPS, Fed-Ex and USPS for longest life.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
C834C4D2-BE42-473F-9E96-FCC8F0138053.jpeg

Hoosier57

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Starters are nothing but electrical motors. Moisture is not good. Hence the weep holes. Water itself isn’t the real killer to the starters, it’s the minerals and dirt or other contamination that kills them or shorts them out. Even submerged if the water had low conductivity the starter would work and not short out. Bosch makes good products. Used them for years. Do to the similarity to ag motors I think you probably could get a starter from an ag dealer. Tractors of similar engine size probably use the same starter. Bosch is in many Mahindra products.
Poop

Mr. T

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Starter motor full of mud and water no gaskets on bosh starter motor.
Factory answer 10 days and the dealership will get it.
Roxor thinks there building toys.
When their factory line goes down for 10 days for a $150.00 part I want to see them cry.
Anybody thinking about putting a Roxor to work every day think about 10 days for a part and they will not drop ship.
They are not ready at this time for a full time work vehicle.
10 days.es
Thanks to the dealership they didn’t like Roxor’s answer ether. The part would be at the dealership in 5 days expedited.
They pulled a starter off, of one on the SHOW room floor!
Thanks to Jason from Plano Kawasaki
The new 2019 bosh starter has No Gaskets
In today's Manufacturer World No Automotive Company makes most of their parts. They come from many different manufacturers that specializes in certain types of parts. Even major auto manufacturers had difficulty in completing cars and trucks due to part shortages.
You could of taken starter off, look up local company that Rebuilds Starters & Generators for Trucks in your area. They could probably Rebuild Yours for less money.
You must understand it will take a few years for Company and Dealership to stock up extra supplies of parts. Diesel Engines Need Great Amount Of Cranking Amps In Battery.
I suggest getting a better battery than stock with highest cranking amps for size and terminals placement. Replacement of battery: Interstate Battery Company Dealership should be able. This is a four wheel drive vehicle but I seen many videos treating as it is Amphibious Vehicle. Abuse Of Any Vehicle Will Cause Damage. Water, Mud left around engine, starter, etc. Causing Damage, Excessive Heat Build Up On Engine, Starter and if Mud Builds Up on Radiator may cause engine to overheat and maybe blow up. Buy A Power Washer, on cold engine, use fine nozzle, clean everything in, under, & every nook on vehicle soon after wheeling. You Roxor will appreciate your kindness.

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In today's Manufacturer World No Automotive Company makes most of their parts. They come from many different manufacturers that specializes in certain types of parts. Even major auto manufacturers had difficulty in completing cars and trucks due to part shortages.
You could of taken starter off, look up local company that Rebuilds Starters & Generators for Trucks in your area. They could probably Rebuild Yours for less money.
You must understand it will take a few years for Company and Dealership to stock up extra supplies of parts. Diesel Engines Need Great Amount Of Cranking Amps In Battery.
I suggest getting a better battery than stock with highest cranking amps for size and terminals placement. Replacement of battery: Interstate Battery Company Dealership should be able. This is a four wheel drive vehicle but I seen many videos treating as it is Amphibious Vehicle. Abuse Of Any Vehicle Will Cause Damage. Water, Mud left around engine, starter, etc. Causing Damage, Excessive Heat Build Up On Engine, Starter and if Mud Builds Up on Radiator may cause engine to overheat and maybe blow up. Buy A Power Washer, on cold engine, use fine nozzle, clean everything in, under, & every nook on vehicle soon after wheeling. You Roxor will appreciate your kindness.
My experience is that you have to be really careful around your radiator with a pressure washer. The crossways fin openings on the radiator can be easily bent over by the force of the pressure washer nozzle if held to close or if it's too powerful. Straightening the bent fins with a tiny screwdriver is very frustrating and time consuming.