ooooooooooo

Starter issue or something else?

Hoosier57

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Couple weeks ago my 2019 AT I turned it off. Came back a few min utes later would not start.Made a clicking noise would not turn over. Speedometer would make noise needle would click and move from zero to sixty several times but engine would not turn over.

Put charger on it... Nothing same effect. Went back over two days later started right up like nothing wrong. Has ran great for weeks until today... Try to start, needle goes from zero to sixty and back then makes a sound like ball peen hammer striking metal.... Ping, but won't turn over.
Not so sure what to look, for appreciate all help!

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Starter solenoid or battery with a dead cell are the two I would look at. The battery can be checked with a meter - provably you local auto parts store does this for free. If it does it again tap the starter with a hammer. A stuck solenoid should release and if ir starts you know the problem

Takotnariver1958

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Starter solenoid or battery with a dead cell are the two I would look at. The battery can be checked with a meter - provably you local auto parts store does this for free. If it does it again tap the starter with a hammer. A stuck solenoid should release and if ir starts you know the problem
Try loosening and retightening the nut on the ground wire stud under right side of inst panel, on rear of firewall where the fuse box is.
Mine was similar but light's and power outlet were dead also. Took me four months and and a lot of time wasted ohming out circuits, changing ignition switch, ecu etc. Thats all it was. Brand new, ran a few times then intermittent, then dead.
All i can think is a little paint on grounding surface.