ooooooooooo

Speedometer sticking

Jimij

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Odometer and tachometer work fine...but speedometer hangs/sticks at random spots. No pattern noticed...just sticks wherever whenever.
Sometimes turning key off won’t even unstick it. Frustrating....any ideas ? Thanks

B

Bister

Odometer and tachometer work fine...but speedometer hangs/sticks at random spots. No pattern noticed...just sticks wherever whenever.
Sometimes turning key off won’t even unstick it. Frustrating....any ideas ? Thanks
I’d just call the dealer. They’ll replace it. It’s pretty much a sealed unit, not much else to do with it.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My digital display would randomly freeze up. Mahindra replaced it no questions asked. All seems better now.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine has started sticking too. Did the dealer replace it for you?

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes most of my roxor is heavy duty BUT the only dash gauge sure looked cheap from the backside compared the multigauge I'm used to in the boating world. Will use silicone added to the nut ring on the back just to keep the gauge on place.
Are u able to take out the peg on the back that limits the speedo to 62? My 12volt plug is worse as anything falls out. Had to use electrical tape just to fire the missiles.

20190515_150219.jpg

12voltac

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
My parents did the same thing so I was thinking the hole might be putting the squeeze on th gauge .... so I grabbed the back of the gauge and rotated it and the needle released and started working. So either the way they are fixed in their is too tight, hole is too small or out of round? mines a 18 and its fine, theirs is a 19.

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My speedometer was out the day after I bought it on a 2019. Salesman replaced it, no questions asked.

CLN

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Same problem on my 2019. Factory spedo and gauge (oops!! .... sorry..... idiot light cluster) are about as cheap as I've ever seen on anything. The whole thing looks like it cost about $7 bucks. Not to mention hard to read at a glance in the sunlight. Sure would like to see real analog gauges available. Yes the stock set up is clean and has a somewhat simple and nostalgic look but is worthless when it comes to monitoring the systems. By the time the warning light comes on it's often to late to prevent damage or break down. Retro analog gauges with black face and white dials for spedo, tach, fuel, oil pressure and coolant temp would be appreciated and well worth the extra cost. I'm hoping the aftermarket industry will pick up on this upgrade.:cool:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The scan gauge will get you the coolant temp plus other info. No oil pressure so that will require an analog gauge or do without. You can get fuel pressure, intake temps, voltage and egr readings with it. The voltage and coolant temps are worth it alone imo.