ooooooooooo

Soundbars….do they block visibility?

OsageSky

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
greetings roxorians,

want to get some sound going on my new 2022

my roxor’s duty is ranch and farm. im not hardcore wheelin, or high speed rollin.

just want some music while working and tending to duties….so im thinking a soundbar will be a good match for my needs

im looking at an ecoxgear soundbar, only issue im trying to figure out it the physical body of the thing being too large to mount on the front rollbar cross member

you folks with front mounted soundbars….do they get in the way?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the MTX soundboard, and I don't have any visibility issues. I'm 6'0-6'1(on a good day). Sounds good and simple to install.

lcp

When I bought my Roxor, the soundbar was mounted above the seats on the vertical roll cage bars with the speakers pointing forward. In that position it blocked my rear view mirror view of what was behind me. I moved it to the horizontal bars of the cage above the seats (with speakers pointed down) and it seems to be completely out of the way now. The only drawback is that the display is upside down when I look up at it.

IMG_9213.jpg

OsageSky

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
thanks for the replies!

anyone here have the ecoxgear? looks like it might have a little bit bigger of a cross section than the mtx.

I am reluctant to go with the mtx based on what i've read about the sagging/breaking issues.

I am away from my roxor, or else i would sorta model a soundbar out of cardboard tubing or whatever.

thanks for the help!

OsageSky

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Look at Ramrods post. We both did a marine 3" receiver.
after much thought, I decided to go your way....bought the kick panel speaker housings and did a 3" marine head unit and a reasonably priced and sized amp.

thanks again!

OsageSky

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
oh...sorry....forgot to add.

Did you guys add and fill (dynamat, foam, etc) behind the panels? any improvements acoustically can be made in this area?

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
oh...sorry....forgot to add.

Did you guys add and fill (dynamat, foam, etc) behind the panels? any improvements acoustically can be made in this area?
No I didn't but I'm thinking about getting some flashing material at Lowe's. It is a bit tiny sounding