ooooooooooo

TAIL LIGHTS DON'T WORK

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know you are all going to tell me to take it back to the dealer but it is a 4 hour trip and would probably cost more to take it back than me trying to fix it myself. I don't know for sure but are the tail lights suppose to illuminate when the headlights are on? I would think so. I purchased a 2019 Automatic Roxor brand new. Before I picked it up I had the dealer install a turn signal kit and heater kit. Unfortunately it was a bright sunny day and I didn't check to see if all the lights worked before leaving (my bad). After getting it home I realized later that the tailights didn't work but the brake lights did. Bulbs check out ok. Any suggestions?

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, tail lights turn on when headlights are on.

Maybe someone on the board who us using an after market wiring harness can help.
I am using the factory harness for tail and brake lights and ran wire for blinkers and am no help when it comes to dealer installed blinker kits.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t blame you for not wanting to go back to dealer. I avoid them like the plague. It does sound like they crossed a wire or something. You are gonna have to get the wiring schematics and check every connection they made. I would likely rip it all out and rewire but I wouldn’t trust them to do anything to begin with.

Did they use the unused bulb in the taillights for the rear turn signals?

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I neglected to mention that I ran a "jumper" wire from the front low beam headlights to the tail lights. Problem now is that when I go to high beams the tail lights go off. I would probably need to take it to someone who knows wiring really well. It's just the unnecessary cost factor involved.
Thanks for the feed back though. This is a great forum to be part of.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
have you checked all your fuses and relays? There’s some under the hood as well as tucked up high under the dash on the passenger side.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello again txroadkill. Yes, this has been a problem since day 1 but it was less of a problem. Now that the other problems have been resolved thanks to you I can move on to the next. I will check again about the fuses and relays. Thanks

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow....that is a lot of info there! I will definitely check it out. I'm not sure I checked the fuses under the passenger side dash. Unfortunately, it will be about 2 weeks before I see my Roxor again since I am on Long Island NY and my Roxor is in Damascus Pa. I feel as though I want to make a special trip now. Thank you, BB, I can't wait to utilize this new information!

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm happy to help. I was super bummed when I bought mine and the running taillights didn't work (and that the previous owner hadn't told me).

Thankfully the wiring is straight forward enough that even I could figure it out. Which is saying something since I'm not very electrically inclined.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, I'm not that electrically inclined either. I only see my Roxor once in a while now because it is at our summer place. During the summer I would rather drive it than look for an electrical issue that didn't affect drivability because I was only there on weekends. I will keep you posted on how I do when I check it out. Thank you again!

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow....that is a lot of info there! I will definitely check it out. I'm not sure I checked the fuses under the passenger side dash. Unfortunately, it will be about 2 weeks before I see my Roxor again since I am on Long Island NY and my Roxor is in Damascus Pa. I feel as though I want to make a special trip now. Thank you, BB, I can't wait to utilize this new information!
Yes, it was a fuse!.....thank you BB. Exactly the fuse you mentioned. I did not know that fuse box even existed. You would have thought the dealer would have suggested that but the dealer didn't want to suggest anything other than bring it back. Thank you again! Easy fix! The next question I have and maybe you can help is the rear tailights have 3 bulbs. The bottom one is the reverse lights which work fine. The middle is a 2 filament bulb which illuminates when the running lights are on and the second filament is for either the brake lights or directional light. The top light does not illuminate at all. What is that for? Can you or anyone help?

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The top bulb can be wired into rear blinkers. Some in the board, including me, have done that.
After further investigation it looks like the dealer wired the directionals into the rear brake lights and running lights. I'm not sure if a stock Roxor has that top rear tailight reserved for directionals. Can anyone advise if that top rear tailight is specifically for directionals?

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Let's say, the top bulb is not used for anything on the Roxor as it is delivered from the factory. The top bulb is wired into the harness from the factory, but it is neither controlled nor powered. One one side of the wire is the bulb. On the other side is an open connector.

One can use can the top bulbs for blinkers , extra set of tail lights, back up lights, ....
A number of us on this board use them as the blinker bulb.
I ran a new wire from a blinker relay to the top bulbs aince I was not sure what else was connected to it (kind of what you are asking).

Hoping my longer answer gives you tje information you need.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank You AZROX. I'm learning more and more. It seems my dealer didn't know this and wired the directionals directly into the brake lights/running lights (middle bulb) leaving the top bulb unused. When I took delivery the rear running lights didn't work (blown fuse) and the directionals are wired into middle bulb. I replaced the fuse and now I'll probably rewire directionals. Thanks to this forum many questions can be answered. I just hope Carnes Equipment in Clearfield Pa. utilizes this forum as well, Thank You again!

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After further investigation it looks like the dealer wired the directionals into the rear brake lights and running lights. I'm not sure if a stock Roxor has that top rear tailight reserved for directionals. Can anyone advise if that top rear tailight is specifically for directionals?
10-4 good buddy

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
At first glance with your taillight issue, wiring into the headlight beam it is only going to work when using that beam. you turn it off when using the other filiament. You need to go right to the battery with an inline fuse to your blinker system, or off the ignition switch whitch would be the best.

As I just got mine hooked up the top light is the one used with the xtc blinker on rear.