ooooooooooo

Does anyone have an instrument cluster?

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hello,

As some of you may have read in another thread, my 2019 has been dead in the water since March 2021 due to an instrument cluster issue. Namely, the seat belt speed limiter is permanently engaged. Mahindra will not talk to my dealer, apparently because they dropped the Roxor line when it looked like the Roxor was not coming back. I am desperate for an instrument cluster repair or replacement. SIMCO, the manufacturer, can't deal directly with the public as they are under contract with Mahindra. Any information would be extremely appreciated.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you tried contacting Mahindra North America direcly? Now that 2022 models are available, spare parts need ro be again available.

Plan B or C could be deactivating the seatbelt speed limiters. Call Diesel Freaks or Gilomem to see if the can program the ECU so the seatbelt speed limiter is gone.

To dispaly, speed, RPM, turbo boost, water temp, oil temp, etc. buy (1) a OBDII adapter (e.g. Dirt Legal) and (2) an OBDII diagnostic reader (e.g. Car Scanner for $50).

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Also contact on the Rox. They were working on a replacement dash cluster. It wasn’t a direct fit and required cutting for it to fit. Also I don’t think it’s exactly a cheap or cost effective alternative but given there really isn’t any alternatives it’s about the only other game in town at the moment

whiteroxorssr

After Roxor was re-interduced in Nov., I checked their website and contacted the nearest dealer to us. Check with andy@hillyridge.com. He was very helpful and did the groundwork to have my cluster repaired by SIMCO. I have been running mine daily without it with no problems. I have not received back yet, but I will post a comment when I do.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After Roxor was re-interduced in Nov., I checked their website and contacted the nearest dealer to us. Check with andy@hillyridge.com. He was very helpful and did the groundwork to have my cluster repaired by SIMCO. I have been running mine daily without it with no problems. I have not received back yet, but I will post a comment when I do.
I don't have any personal experience with it, but something I have been seeing is guys that run without the cluster are saying the alternator won't charge the battery without the cluster. Just something to keep in mind in case you start having what appear to be charging issues.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had the cluster go out and my dealer was no longer a roxor dealer. I contacted Mahindra Roxor by email on their website and they had me go through the closest dealer to me to get the speedo fixed. They were not allowing me to go direct through Mahindra last year. I had a great experience with them as they allowed me to mail the cluster to them and they mailed it back removing a 100 mile trip.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had the cluster go out and my dealer was no longer a roxor dealer. I contacted Mahindra Roxor by email on their website and they had me go through the closest dealer to me to get the speedo fixed. They were not allowing me to go direct through Mahindra last year. I had a great experience with them as they allowed me to mail the cluster to them and they mailed it back removing a 100 mile trip.
Your lucky my dealer said I had to bring them the whole unit which is around 1000 miles away for me

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Have you tried contacting Mahindra North America direcly? Now that 2022 models are available, spare parts need ro be again available.

Plan B or C could be deactivating the seatbelt speed limiters. Call Diesel Freaks or Gilomem to see if the can program the ECU so the seatbelt speed limiter is gone.

To dispaly, speed, RPM, turbo boost, water temp, oil temp, etc. buy (1) a OBDII adapter (e.g. Dirt Legal) and (2) an OBDII diagnostic reader (e.g. Car Scanner for $50).
Yes, I have tried contacting Mahindra North America. Customerservice@roxoroffroad.com has been absolutely no help. Mahindra North America's corporate office was rude and unhelpful despite my collaborative approach at the time. Thank you for the aftermarket idea. I'm still hoping it doesn't come to that. Also - I have contacted Diesel Freaks and they are great and trying to help.

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Also contact on the Rox. They were working on a replacement dash cluster. It wasn’t a direct fit and required cutting for it to fit. Also I don’t think it’s exactly a cheap or cost effective alternative but given there really isn’t any alternatives it’s about the only other game in town at the moment
Thanks for the idea. Still hoping to avoid an aftermarket/non-warranty solution.

whiteroxorssr

I received my replacement speedo cluster and installed it. The dealer had sent me a form to fill out including VIN, serial number of speedo, and estimated hours and miles. My estimate was programed in as a starting point for the new unit. As someone mentioned, I did have to charge my battery a few times in the 6 weeks that I ran my Roxor without the speedo. If you get ahold of a dealer, you should be able to get a repair or replacement unit.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is great news, I guess I will keep trying. Did they charge you for the new cluster, what year is your Roxor?

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are these going bad due to vibrations from the loose attachment ring?

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your lucky my dealer said I had to bring them the whole unit which is around 1000 miles away for me
Send me your cluster. I'll throw it on my Roxor and take it to the dealer in Anchorage. It's only 40 miles away from me. My Roxor is also still under Warranty

Last edited:

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Send me your cluster. I'll throw it on my Roxor and take it to the dealer in Anchorage. It's only 40 miles away from me. My Roxor is also still under Warrant
Wow, that would be awesome!!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Harry, could you provide more detail on the poping fuse due to boost increase leading to a failing speedo cluster, please?
Is this about boosted Roxors maxing out the speedometer and blowing a fuse?

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
@Harry, could you provide more detail on the poping fuse due to boost increase leading to a failing speedo cluster, please?
Is this about boosted Roxors maxing out the speedometer and blowing a fuse?
I mean "jump starting" with another vehicle/batttery/ or charger. It was on the Facebook page a few years ago.

pmgia

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
for The seatbelt limiter, I pulled the wires out of the seat belt buckle and shorted them together so I don’t have a speed limiter any longer, maybe that would help you?