ooooooooooo

Sound bar vs. marine speakers installed

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi all - I have read the threads on the forum and the feedback on various sound bars and it seems pretty consistent that folks are unsatisfied with soundbar. I want to be able to roll at 55+ mph and still clearly hear my tunes. Besides the excessive costs of soundbar - the advantage to a non-electrical guy is perceived ease of install vs. choosing all of the components and tying it all together. But even that seems a bit messy as I look at the ROPS and try to figure out where to run the wires, etc. Thinking of going to a shop local to get a sound system installed - anyone done that? Got any feedback or words of wisdom on this approach?

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@robertdmerrill99: wiring is always a bit of a hassle. I see your point.
I added a lot of wiring for lighting: 2 LEDs on each side, 4 LEDs to light the cargo area and behind the Roxor, one interior dome light. Extra fuse pannel, relays, and half a dozen switches.

For the radio / music, I am keeping it simple: No additional wiring. I am streaming music off my phone. I got a (waterproof) JBL bluetooth speaker that can run 8 hours on a charge. I keep the speaker under the metal roof or inside the windshield. The speaker is loud enough for me to hear music at 65 mph.

Hoping this helps you make a decision.

Baja405

Lifetime Member
I also like streaming with my phone but wanted some great sound so I went with the NOAM system with bluetooth amp, 2 speakers and a center sub. Sounds fantastic at any speed

20191214_164614.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Rolling along at 55 MPH in a Roxor, you aren't going to be able to hear anything but wind noise and engine, even if you have a full enclosure.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Colderweather86: you're correct with your comment about noise. When I wrote that I can hear music at 65 mph, I did not mean I can understand the lyrics and can sing along ?.
With a full windshield even at 45 MPH I can't hear much of anything coming from my JBL Speaker that I had attached to the cage just above my head. The only way to hear music while moving at a higher speed is to have it blasted so loud it could cause hearing damage.

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have decent results rocking two of these . Unless you're fully enclosed almost everything will fade away at 55mph. I can still make out sound with two of these but just barely. They can be used individually or together in stereo. They can also be wired manually if you get something like this. I extend the strap out all the way and hang it off of the front seats. You can wiggle them all way way down until they touch the floor this way an they are relatively secure for driving around on paved roads. I probably wouldn't try to do any offroading with them in that configuration though.