ooooooooooo

Snow plow???

B

Bister

It would be nice to see a plow system that would just pin/mount on the new D-Rings.
drings.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was looking at doing exactly this. Running a rod through those and the ears of the plow and then R/L align with washers. Washer and cotter pin the outers.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lookin good! I definitely like the setup (and the windshield - they look sharp paint matched).

I had the 75 out yesterday farting around. It gets the job done, but will definitely feel better with the Roxor all setup. I like plowing with Jeeps so much better than trucks..
I agree on plowing with Jeeps.......I thought they might be too small or light., these new light wt plows make a huge difference........everything seems to revolve around weight these days. I had an easy time plowing Sat. , theRox is better than I thought it would be.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree on plowing with Jeeps.......I thought they might be too small or light., these new light wt plows make a huge difference........everything seems to revolve around weight these days. I had an easy time plowing Sat. , theRox is better than I thought it would be.
K
I was looking at doing exactly this. Running a rod through those and the ears of the plow and then R/L align with washers. Washer and cotter pin the outers.

One of the problems in fitting plows is height from the ground. Should not be more or less than 9 to10 in. Removing the bumper was the only easy way to mount the plow , I just bought a 2” trailer hitch receiver ( Reese ) then welded 2 steel plates to the receiver ends. Easy and good, besides Rox looks better with bumper gone.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lookin good! I definitely like the setup (and the windshield - they look sharp paint matched).

I had the 75 out yesterday farting around. It gets the job done, but will definitely feel better with the Roxor all setup. I like plowing with Jeeps so much better than trucks..

Just a side note, it’s been in the teens and twenties here , also lots of wind. I have my new heater blowing warm air from all three outlets , but without doors does not help much. What does work is my new Canadian Goose expedition parka. ( Always wanted one but at 1,000 bucks ! ) it’s amazing how well these coats keep you warm, and they are very light. I think if I had side half doors the heater would work better.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just a side note, it’s been in the teens and twenties here , also lots of wind. I have my new heater blowing warm air from all three outlets , but without doors does not help much. What does work is my new Canadian Goose expedition parka. ( Always wanted one but at 1,000 bucks ! ) it’s amazing how well these coats keep you warm, and they are very light. I think if I had side half doors the heater would work better.

There with ya in the 75. Top but no doors or sides or back. I'm a weirdo though, I wear shorts in this weather lol. Flip side of that is I can't handle > 80 degree heat.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Made my own mount using the Polaris Ranger one supplied with my plow and some 4” channel. I’ll make it look factory in the summertime. Tomorrow I’ll wire it up and install the rubber deflector and plow shoes.
EE6F9139-A791-4C6F-AA65-2A73D79BE28D.jpeg

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You get her all wired in and set up?
I wired it up today, my mount is a little low in V mode there’s only an inch of clearance on the ends. I was planning on leveling the front anyway and getting bigger tires so I’ll leave it alone.

480B62AA-E1E1-4B0A-94DD-B67EEC4BBC0D.jpeg

Last edited:
B

Bister

Found this on Instagram today. Mounts must be getting out there.

IMG_4975.JPG

B

Bister

Looks good and you can even use the factory bumper.

Yep, I asked about that when I saw the picture without it and was told it can go back on. I might just leave mine off when I put the mount on and put the bumper back on when I take the mount off in spring. I have D-rings ordered also, not sure how it will all bolt up. I'm fine with just the mount on for winter. It's main purpose is to keep the road open to the shack and just to get there with the dogs.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
There's just something about a brand new yellow fisher that I have a soft spot for.

B

Bister

There's just something about a brand new yellow fisher that I have a soft spot for.

I pick mine up next Friday in Regina, but it will be red & black and say Western on it. Hopefully my mount comes in by then, but it's not like we have snow in the forecast.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yeah I hear ya. Looks like all the plows are identical anyways. I wonder who actually makes them?

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yeah, I guess western, fisher, snowex and a bunch of other companies are all owned by a company called Douglas Dynamics. Funny enough their NYSE ticker ID is PLOW lol