ooooooooooo

Snow plow???

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hopefully this means Western is the first to step up with a real plow. It’s not on their website yet but I hope they’ll have something quick. Boss and Buyers (SnowDogg) both told me nothing is scheduled for release this year.
98E441CE-4094-485E-8989-C1361D44FDD5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Great find. Hopefully they can have them up before spring.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
finally someone posted a picture of it. I heard so many roxor info blogs telling of the roxor with the western but absolutely no pictures. thanks

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The only sad part is that plow setup is probably going to be thousands of dollars. I bet 6-8 grand CAD. I know the western V plow a friend of mine just bought for his superduty was over 10g. A good used loader tractor would be the more responsible thing to buy at that point, not to mention move way more snow and break fewer parts. But we all know nostalgia sells BIG time.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just got a response from The Roxor Brass on Messenger. It said “keep your eyes peeled for our soon-to-come snowplow accessory”. So hopefully in the next month we’ll have a few options for snowplows.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
cool. It'd make the most sense to have it released before full blown winter. I already have snow on the ground.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Western too expensive for Roxor....... My Snowbear , less than 2,000 including welding. I have not used it yet, but may later this week..... need to add weight in back..

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Western too expensive for Roxor....... My Snowbear , less than 2,000 including welding. I have not used it yet, but may later this week..... need to add weight in back..
You get what you pay for usually. Personally I wouldn’t want a manual angle, winch lifted single point mounted plow. To much stress on one point and I’d end up breaking something. To me that western plow doesn’t even look mounted to the Roxor and Western itself has denied an application for the Roxor, so it might not even exist for awhile.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You get what you pay for usually. Personally I wouldn’t want a manual angle, winch lifted single point mounted plow. To much stress on one point and I’d end up breaking something. To me that western plow doesn’t even look mounted to the Roxor and Western itself has denied an application for the Roxor, so it might not even exist for awhile.
For that matter then , why not a Boss ? They are made in the UP ! My point is , serious plowing should be done with end loader and a pusher , or for lesser work , a 1 ton truck.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Regarding the one point attachment , it’s trending these days, mostly cause easy to hook up. Mine can hook up etherway if I want. The lift is not by winch anymore. Yes angle ,power is good but not needed if your plowing is less than an hour job..... I have had the big stuff , bought a F350 dump bed with A new Boss V plow from school district, plow was worth more than truck. It was not what I thought, poor visibility, truck was old, I sold it on Craig List in less than an hour ! For years I plowed with my JD 3800 ,had 21/2 yard bucket only needed one path down the mountian. If anything got in my way , like Case repair truck that slid off road, I just ran out boom,picked up that one ton Ford and put it back on rd....before wrecker got there with block/tackle,three axle long rig, p/u truck along with rigging gear......1,000 $ an hour ! I was spoiled with motor in rear, you could see what you were doing all the time, had a pusher too I bought new,but seldom used it. Wish I had the JD back, sold it to help finance MH for spending winters in warmer places.....we leave in a month, late this year.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For that matter then , why not a Boss ? They are made in the UP ! My point is , serious plowing should be done with end loader and a pusher , or for lesser work , a 1 ton truck.
I don’t care what brand it is I’m not affiliated with any company and stand to make no money from any brand, I just want a real name brand hydraulic plow. I did the manual angle plow thing when I was younger it’s no fun. I bought a new one ton Duramax this year and I also bought the Roxor. I bought the Roxor for work duties it fits between my outbuildings where my truck doesn’t, it also does wonders in my hardwoods.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
P
I don’t care what brand it is I’m not affiliated with any company and stand to make no money from any brand, I just want a real name brand hydraulic plow. I did the manual angle plow thing when I was younger it’s no fun. I bought a new one ton Duramax this year and I also bought the Roxor. I bought the Roxor for work duties it fits between my outbuildings where my truck doesn’t, it also does wonders in my hardwoods.

I know Boss makes an UTV plow with all the hydraulics you want. I think we will be looking at more electric driven actuators on the cheaper plows. My Snowbear has one for lift, . Angle could also be used this way I would guess.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live off a private dirt road, so have a decently big job but fits in below the Pro type setups. For me, nothing beats the visibility of plowing with a Willys type rig. I have an old 75 CJ5 and a 89 Dodge for this winter, but will be keeping my eyes out for what the normal suspects cook up.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live off a private dirt road, so have a decently big job but fits in below the Pro type setups. For me, nothing beats the visibility of plowing with a Willys type rig. I have an old 75 CJ5 and a 89 Dodge for this winter, but will be keeping my eyes out for what the normal suspects cook up.
An old FC170 would be better. We had one fitted for fire service duel tire axle, was a cab and chassis before Forest Service got it built. I think they are still using em.?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You got a good amount more than we did, ~2".

Darstar, FCs are wicked cool, got any pics of that rig? Not sure I could toss a plow on one though, I'd feel bad lol. A seasonal guy near me has a 150 in his yard, but he's never here, so I can't ask him what the deal is.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You got a good amount more than we did, ~2".

Darstar, FCs are wicked cool, got any pics of that rig? Not sure I could toss a plow on one though, I'd feel bad lol. A seasonal guy near me has a 150 in his yard, but he's never here, so I can't ask him what the deal is

No,pics that I recall. I did see about 4 years ago one painted Forest Service red over near Seny. I always had a fascination for the FC Jeeps. I remember when they were new , could never afford one though. I did have a 150 I “restored “ in the Eighties , painted it bright yellow. There was a big difference between the 150s and the 170. The FC 170 was very road worthy with its 6 cylinder engine.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
First dusting of the year for me. Could really use that snow plow soon.View attachment 1775

View attachment 1774
We got about one foot early this,morning, high winds too , off the big lake. Had a great time using the plow for the first time. , . My drive is very steep !
First dusting of the year for me. Could really use that snow plow soon.View attachment 1775

View attachment 7
No,pics that I recall. I did see about 4 years ago one painted Forest Service red over near Seny. I always had a fascination for the FC Jeeps. I remember when they were new , could never afford one though. I did have a 150 I “restored “ in the Eighties , painted it bright yellow. There was a big difference between the 150s and the 170. The FC 170 was very road worthy with its 6 cylinder engine.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here we go.......first of the season yesterday .....my new Rox and Snowbear plow, worked great, I have 300 lb salt over the rear axle, never slipped once and my drive is steap!

F355B8F1-8D90-4AFA-9634-B8A4A12E0DF6.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lookin good! I definitely like the setup (and the windshield - they look sharp paint matched).

I had the 75 out yesterday farting around. It gets the job done, but will definitely feel better with the Roxor all setup. I like plowing with Jeeps so much better than trucks..