ooooooooooo

Snow plow???

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, I guess western, fisher, snowex and a bunch of other companies are all owned by a company called Douglas Dynamics. Funny enough their NYSE ticker ID is PLOW lol
My snow-ex said built by trynex international out of Madison Heights, Michigan but it was built in 2015.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, I guess western, fisher, snowex and a bunch of other companies are all owned by a company called Douglas Dynamics. Funny enough their NYSE ticker ID is PLOW lol
You’re correct my warranty card is sent to Trynex International and the plow said registered trademark of Douglas Dynamics.

B

Bister

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, then I will be waiting for the mount to come in. Our weather is going to be sunny and around freezing for a few days to a week. So, I think the snow we have will be gone before I can plow it. lol

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm picking mine up tomorrow, then I will be waiting for the mount to come in. Our weather is going to be sunny and around freezing for a few days to a week. So, I think the snow we have will be gone before I can plow it. lol
It’s been unseasonably warm here too. 37 degrees today. Almost all our snow is gone. My mount will need a little fine tuning before it’s perfect. I need to add a shim on the bottom so the face is level(or level the vehicle). I also need to raise the plow mounting up two inches.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Same here with the weather to come, although Lake of the Woods is freezing over and guys are starting to haul ice shacks out. I just plowed about 6" of snow this morning with the Honda. My neighbor has a yamaha with belt drive. I can plow faster with a manual trans quad then he can with the auto. Although he is 30 yrs older then I am, that also might have something to do with it lol He's alot more RAM-bunctious then I am though.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ended up doing a little fine tuning on my mount today. I raised it up another 3” and cut the lower face at an angle so it was level because the vehicle is not. I think this will be the final height before I box it in,seal weld it and apply paint.
61D9F671-ABFA-4D64-BF0B-D30B4FD1A373.jpeg
5715B4AE-64EC-441D-9EC7-69825702D70A.jpeg

B

Bister

Looking good. My mounts not in yet, but then again with the nicer weather this week there isn't much snow left.

PS: A friend of mine saw my welding and said I'm getting a grinder for Christmas.

B

Bister

I heard Roxor received the mounts and they started to ship, so it shouldn’t be too long but always a bit longer to the prairies of Canada. Lol. But she is ready to go on.

77479E1A-F872-4E24-987E-2913299E3833.jpeg
E209FF21-2095-4498-888D-9B85F7FD0435.jpeg

B

Bister

Did you end up getting the plow shoes you ordered?

Yes. I see they aren't in that picture. I'll get a shot of them next time I'm in my shop. They are octagon shaped, good for going forward or back and heavy. You adjust them via a pin and holes.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes. I see they aren't in that picture. I'll get a shot of them next time I'm in my shop. They are octagon shaped, good for going forward or back and heavy. You adjust them via a pin and holes.
I have them too so no need for a pic.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
B

Bister

My measurement ended up being 11 1/4” from concrete to the bottom of the frame.

The plow mount is in the building. My plow mount came in this week. I cleaned up the shop a bit yesterday and hope to do the install today and do up a little video. A few weeks ago I installed a low power extra fuse block under the dash that comes on with the key via a relay tied to the 12 volt power point, so that is the place I will tie in the wire needed for the remote. That will speed things up. I use that block for my interior light, a triple power point block, and my under dash sex lights. I'm adding a dash mounted USB power point also, but I think I'm going to wire that live so I can charge phone etc without the key on. I'll also add a live single 12 volt power point.

I might even get to try the plow if the forecast pans out.
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.42.38 AM.png

IMG_4591.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: