20190503_162228.jpg
20190503_161803.jpg
20190503_161654.jpg
20190503_155807.jpg

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That looks perfect!!! Did you need to do any further modifications to avoid rubbing?
Thanks. I have an add leaf ($36 on Amazon), 1 1/2” wheel spacers ($74 on Amazon) and swapped the front and rear shackles. Tires are 235-85 R16 31.7”x 9.3” same width as stock tires.

B

Bister

Thanks. I have an add leaf ($36 on Amazon), 1 1/2” wheel spacers ($74 on Amazon) and swapped the front and rear shackles. Tires are 235-85 R16 31.7”x 9.3” same width as stock tires.

Would those tires fit under there without changing anything being they are the same width?

Looks good.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Would those tires fit under there without changing anything being they are the same width?

Looks good.
I don’t think so.. they fill the wheel wells a good bit more than I expected. I think at the very least, you’d need to swap the front and rear shackles and add the wheel spacers.

B

Bister

I don’t think so.. they fill the wheel wells a good bit more than I expected. I think at the very least, you’d need to swap the front and rear shackles and add the wheel spacers.
Ok, Thanks. Don't reply to my other post. lol. I'll delete it.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeepish, how long have you had your rig? Any issues with rust in the southeast?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bought it in January of this year. It’s a 2019. I’ve been following the Roxor since before they were released though.
Where I live is far enough away from the coast that I don’t have to worry about salt air from the gulf but still far enough south that we don’t have to salt the roads. I don’t have to worry about this thing rusting out in the next 30 years or so.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok, Thanks. Don't reply to my other post. lol. I'll delete it.
I will measure them from the ground up for you tomorrow, no problem. Your plow mount to the front bumper? Would swapping the front and rear shackles have any effect?

B

Bister

I will measure them from the ground up for you tomorrow, no problem. Your plow mount to the front bumper? Would swapping the front and rear shackles have any effect?
I don't know. I'm not much into playing with moving much suspension stuff. I was just hoping for a taller tire, but not wider.

It is the a western V plow with the mount from Roxor and it is "very" specific on the mounting height for the plow or it will not work as it should. The mount pins have to be 10 1/2' off the ground without the plow on. There is another set of holes 1.5 inches lower, so you could go with a tire 3" bigger and nothing in between. I'm game for running 2 sets of tires and rims, one being specific for plowing. Once I put the plow on, I don't need to be playing in the snow. I have other toys for that. Just want to keep the valley road to the shack and toboggan hill open for vehicles.

This thing is beast with that plow on it. All controlled from the comfort of the heated cab.

fullsizeoutput_185.jpeg

IMG_5194.JPG

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice set up. Looks like a heck of a lot of work, but I’m guessing the Roxor makes it a little more fun.
So going from stock tires to these, you’d be .3” shy of 3” taller. If you swapped the shackles, you would add a 1/2” to the front which could easily become .3 with air an pressure change. Swapping mine was one of the easiest things I’ve done to the machine. You may not need to go with the wheel spacers.

B

Bister

Nice set up. Looks like a heck of a lot of work, but I’m guessing the Roxor makes it a little more fun.
So going from stock tires to these, you’d be .3” shy of 3” taller. If you swapped the shackles, you would add a 1/2” to the front which could easily become .3 with air an pressure change. Swapping mine was one of the easiest things I’ve done to the machine. You may not need to go with the wheel spacers.
.3 probably wouldn’t matter when you split it, it becomes .15”. I just would like to go to that size of tire without changing anything and just use the second holes on the plow mount. Again, just thinking out loud. Lol 2 sets of tires and rims are an option. I could easily use my stock ones for plowing. I remove the plow mount for summer, so when I put the mount back on, I swap tires/rims. This thing was a beast last winter with no lockers, then I added the rear locker, now I have both and I think I can push over mountains. Lol

If the tires actual height sitting on the Roxor comes in around 31.5” that would be about right.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
.3 probably wouldn’t matter when you split it, it becomes .15”. I just would like to go to that size of tire without changing anything and just use the second holes on the plow mount. Again, just thinking out loud. Lol 2 sets of tires and rims are an option. I could easily use my stock ones for plowing. I remove the plow mount for summer, so when I put the mount back on, I swap tires/rims. This thing was a beast last winter with no lockers, then I added the rear locker, now I have both and I think I can push over mountains. Lol

If the tires actual height sitting on the Roxor comes in around 31.5” that would be about right.
Just measured the tires. They’re actually 31” exactly from the floor to the top of the tire with 40lbs of air in them. The fender flares hang down a bit from the factory fender but there’s still 4 1/2” of clearance from the top of the tire to the factory fender. I don’t see why you couldn’t put these on without a lift.
You’ve got me looking into spartan lockers front and rear now.. this thing is about to get expensive.

B

Bister

Just measured the tires. They’re actually 31” exactly from the floor to the top of the tire with 40lbs of air in them. The fender flares hang down a bit from the factory fender but there’s still 4 1/2” of clearance from the top of the tire to the factory fender. I don’t see why you couldn’t put these on without a lift.
You’ve got me looking into spartan lockers front and rear now.. this thing is about to get expensive.

Thanks. Most tires measure about 1/2" lower once on. That would get me with in a 1/4", probably close enough. On regular SxS's, they put ballast in the rear to adjust the height. I tried that, you need 1000 lbs in this thing to move it, 300 lbs isn't enough. lol. I don't have fender flairs. I have Long John Mudflap that stick out to protect me. They work good. You could probably air those down to 25-28psi if not lower in snow or mud.

I was looking at these maybe. Firestone destination. I can get them in Canada. lol

I guess this should have been in the tire thread. Oops.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 9.16.49 AM.png