ooooooooooo

Share your Mahindra Roxor Pictures!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
View attachment 4534Just started having fender flares put on mine after getting it lifted, wheel spacers, and shackles put on.

Saw your Rox this afternoon. , nice cab and lift kit....... I went with 235x85R 16 rubber MT , no lift needed , gained 3” , just put on today , improved gearing ,better ride, fits openings better, big difference all the way around, but than I am in the mud around here. Tomorrow is the test in the woods !

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will try polished wheels next week once I find lug nuts that will fit, on an 8” rim. Very nice now...always experimenting, are we not ? Lol.

12A0571E-6E38-4554-9C29-2D95548AC4D7.jpeg 4591446E-CF2C-4F5F-A379-2B4D45C01CF1.jpeg 492F0503-AD5F-4709-9826-CF9426CF049E.jpeg

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Saw your Rox this afternoon. , nice cab and lift kit....... I went with 235x85R 16 rubber MT , no lift needed , gained 3” , just put on today , improved gearing ,better ride, fits openings better, big difference all the way around, but than I am in the mud around here. Tomorrow is the test in the woods !
Bob said you came and and saw it wish I could see it he has only sent me two pictures. Sounds like you have a nice set up

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice Roxor did you buy yours from Bob too? He took care of my inspection and everything else so far

Yes , my story started out with a 100 hp side by side he sold us......took one week end to find out speed ,heat , and noise in the woods was not our thing. ( especially the dog ! ) ..Bob took it back and we drove off with the Proper vehicle , a Roxor Turbo Diesel that brought back so many memories of the Jeep CJ 7 I bought new in 1976, this was a year ago now, More to come , next OX lockers I think...

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes , my story started out with a 100 hp side by side he sold us......took one week end to find out speed ,heat , and noise in the woods was not our thing. ( especially the dog ! ) ..Bob took it back and we drove off with the Proper vehicle , a Roxor Turbo Diesel that brought back so many memories of the Jeep CJ 7 I bought new in 1976, this was a year ago now, More to come , next OX lockers I think...
could you PM me some more info on the why you are choosing OX lockers and not lunchbox style? I don't know enough about either to make an educated decision

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My friends father bought him a CJ5 in high school back around 1970. The ROXOR is my CJ I thought I would never have. I bought a TJ and spent a good bit of money on it trying to scratch my itch for a CJ, but it just didn’t happen. I sold it and made a few bucks. I have had the ROXOR for about a year and a half. Love it.

B

Bister

Is a off rd short bumper ion the list ?.......
Not sure if that comment was for me, but I have the Shorty on order. The cow crap piling up on it and in the back is horrible with the full bumper and the shorty will make it easier to wash said cow crap out from the fenders so my garage doesn’t stink. Lol

09D68624-A908-4C96-8B3C-E647C35F1B52.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure if that comment was for me, but I have the Shorty on order. The cow crap piling up on it and in the back is horrible with the full bumper and the shorty will make it easier to wash said cow crap out from the fenders so my garage doesn’t stink. Lol

View attachment 4540

Yes it was , sorry , but I noticed the build up on your right side , also looked like it was bent too. .? Mine collects dust in the barn...they are a poor choice for a bumper in any case. When I put on the plow it had to come off anyway. I had a left over pc of heavy wall Sq alum tubing from another job, works great. I am planing on polishing it out before winter ....

View attachment 4540

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
could you PM me some more info on the why you are choosing OX lockers and not lunchbox style? I don't know enough about either to make an educated decision

At this point I am still looking at options.. I am old school from the Suzuki Samurai days , rails and rock crawlers when younger as a hobby, Automotive Historian , vintage collector / touring for 40 years. The best game then was “ Air locker “ , positive engage when you want it, just like if there is no clutch , it’s not worth driving.....

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My friends father bought him a CJ5 in high school back around 1970. The ROXOR is my CJ I thought I would never have. I bought a TJ and spent a good bit of money on it trying to scratch my itch for a CJ, but it just didn’t happen. I sold it and made a few bucks. I have had the ROXOR for about a year and a half. Love it.

Lived down your way for 18 years , up on the plateau ,4100 ft. .

B

Bister

Yes it was , sorry , but I noticed the build up on your right side , also looked like it was bent too. .? Mine collects dust in the barn...they are a poor choice for a bumper in any case. When I put on the plow it had to come off anyway. I had a left over pc of heavy wall Sq alum tubing from another job, works great. I am planing on polishing it out before winter ....
No, it's not bent, but it has rubbed a few trees. But yeah, the build up is horrible, especially with the open back. Th shorty will make it way easier to get under the fender with the washer. Holds way too much crap, literally.

B

Bister

I have Spartans front and back, if I did it again, I'm very happy with the Spartan in the back, but I would go with an OX in the front. The reason being that the spartan is almost like a solid rear axle except on pavement, then it'll click. That's no big deal, it's the only time I hear it and I'm usually not on pavement. There are lots of places where I don't even have to shift to 4x4 cause the Spartan in the rear is enough for a short mud patch or wet grass and I don't have to stop to engage an OX. I just drive. But, the Spartan in the front makes it hard to steer and clicks and clunks way more than the rear. I am constantly engaging and disengaging the hubs cause of the clicking. Having the OX in the front and spartan in there rear would be like a regular ATV or SXS, almost a solid rear axle, 3 wheel drive when you engage the 4x4 and full lock when you engage the OX making it still reasonably easy to steer when not needing full lock and I would leave my hubs engaged more. That's just my 2 cents. I could be completely off base with this though. This is my first go with Spartan's and I never had OX. I'm just thinking the way my Grizzly and Rhino are when you go full diff lock and the way my roxor is now.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have Spartans front and back, if I did it again, I'm very happy with the Spartan in the back, but I would go with an OX in the front. The reason being that the spartan is almost like a solid rear axle except on pavement, then it'll click. That's no big deal, it's the only time I hear it and I'm usually not on pavement. There are lots of places where I don't even have to shift to 4x4 cause the Spartan in the rear is enough for a short mud patch or wet grass and I don't have to stop to engage an OX. I just drive. But, the Spartan in the front makes it hard to steer and clicks and clunks way more than the rear. I am constantly engaging and disengaging the hubs cause of the clicking. Having the OX in the front and spartan in there rear would be like a regular ATV or SXS, almost a solid rear axle, 3 wheel drive when you engage the 4x4 and full lock when you engage the OX making it still reasonably easy to steer when not needing full lock and I would leave my hubs engaged more. That's just my 2 cents. I could be completely off base with this though. This is my first go with Spartan's and I never had OX. I'm just thinking the way my Grizzly and Rhino are when you go full diff lock and the way my roxor is now.

Some good thoughts........I keep thinking about those Side by sides with no gears and a “ locked “ rear...not fun anywhere.....I mean if it’s not fun, we do not need it !