ooooooooooo

Riding ATV trails in a Roxor ?

ehart814

I don’t own a Roxor yet.

Maybe it’s been talked about before but I haven’t seen much on the subject.

I grew up on atvs and currently ride a small side by side (Honda Pioneer 500). Many of the trails that we ride are a bit tight for the larger side by sides so I’d expect them to be tight for the Roxor. However a lot of the people I ride with have larger side by sides like full size rangers and ranger crews, can am commanders and defenders. They seem to get along okay in the trails

From what I can tell, the Roxor has a huge turning radius compared to the other utvs.

Have many of you here ridden your Roxors in tighter trails in the woods? I’d like to hear your experiences. I am totally fine with slowing down a bit. I don’t have a fast machine now, but it’s very quick and nimble in tighter trails.

Most of the miles I ride are dirt roads, but I spend a lot of time in the woods and hope that I will be happy with a Roxor riding with trail machines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes roxor has a larger turning radius. Most fans of the roxor are buying these vehicles for the longevity and better fuel economy. I guess there’s some trade offs.

ewommack

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Turning radius can be significantly improved with a few adjustments and the Roxor is the same width as most full size side by sides 62 inches I believe.

ehart814

Yes, real durability, work capability, and simplicity are very appealing to me and I know the turning radius is not great. I just want to hear some first hand feedback about riding in the woods with modern quads and utvs.

Do you find yourself backing up a lot more, to the extent that you fall behind riding with a group? That’s the kind of thing I am interested to hear about.

Can the Roxor handle trail obstacles and steep hills fairly well? I know the AT tires are more a road tire than a mud tire. I’ll definitely want to put some gnarly mud tires on, possibly ag tires. I just hope that with the right tires I will be able to handle the same trails that I’ve always ridden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I keep up with the group no problem. I ride a lot of tight trails in Wyoming with a lot of steep terrain. The roxor is a beast and handles it all with ease. It’s takes more work to turn around but not much more than my rzr I had. I’ve rode trails that are sharp jagged rocks for 30 plus miles and it does great!!! It’s no Cadillac as far as ride goes, but it’s off roading so that’s expected. I’ve been on such tight trails with low hanging trees I thought I was gonna rip the soft top off but it held up great also. The roll bar took some good hits from trees and took them like a champ. No scratches in the finish or nothing. Just sprayed it off and looks like new. I had same questions before I bought mine and since I bought it I wish I wouldn’t have waited as long as I did, I love it!!! Pics of some of the trails it’s been on.

e7a5ead5a561632123807b1cc80b952d.jpg

7d8ea4045a1bc2bae1cb544d80590893.jpg

ee515e9704129c91680cfa89154d58e7.jpg

e8acd11697ca5d15d7ff4cc7bb2fc55c.jpg

b3b1e59c149fdf285a3bbe42ff35c3a2.jpg

e6e4e6fbc20544147e44368f202a9546.jpg

0c624622ffdbabd4201e1be8898d64ec.jpg

be4f0b51c98da4531b456900fce75f82.jpg

No pics of the mud, but I’ve never had a problem. Goes right threw mud and water and I’ve had it pretty buried. Crawled right threw it!!! Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ive had a 2 RZRs and a Honda P1K5 seater, and like you had reservations about riding the trails in it. I ride in the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas! Even after adjusting the turning radius to its best potential its still not quiet as good as my SXSs, however it has not been a deal breaker. My only limitations so far has been the tires. My roxy goes every where I want it but when the trails get muddy the tires limit it. So thats my next upgrade, lift and tires, probably going with a DOT approved Super Swamper TSLs or something similar. Other than that no regrets, love it.

ehart814

Thanks guys! That sounds good. Those trail pics look awesome. What a cool place to ride! I will be using the roxor to blaze new trails. I have been shopping tires too. Went to a dealer yesterday and saw a roxor with the new efx tires from the factory. They look a lot more aggressive but I still don’t think they will be good enough for muddy hills.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With all due respect those trail pics look like an interstate compared to some of the goat tracks I’ve ventured down; I wish I had more like that to travel. Regardless, No problems and I love the ROXOR. Agree on tire. I’m upgrading to the BFG KM3 which is supposed to be available in stock wheel size by mid March.

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Definitely more aggressive trails out there. Just showing the terrain I’ve been on and have had good luck riding them with the Roxor. I’ve actually takin it on a lot worse just no pics, and it’s done great.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey I am way jealous. Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing.

Jewell68

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We have logged about 2500 miles since arriving in AZ, up, down and over many obstacles, no issues, our Jeep buddies hit bottom, not us
001B3CFC-DEDF-42D8-9F49-57C3AFE3A7BD.jpeg
BF5FE87A-E11C-494F-9184-D98F7B919BA8.jpeg
E1D2D01B-31B3-4DB4-86E3-ECED6798D075.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live off a two-track similar to the forest pics above. Even with a ton of rain this summer, and that two-track turning into a rutty muddy mess, the Roxor rarely needed 4WD (with stock KO2s).

Run the right tires for the jobs. If you are running serious mud, I'd think about traction aids and KM series BFGs (I'm very partial to BFG tires on "Jeeps").

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As I stated earlier, I sold my stock KO'2s and got the BFG KM3's in stock size last week. I got to try them in earnest this past weekend. I was able to power through spots staying in 2WD where before I'd have to go to 4WD. The KM3 don't pack up nearly like the KO2. So, I'd agree a more aggressive tire tread can make a world of difference.

Rstan45

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took mine to an atv park before i did any mods to it. The turning radius was definitely wider but since then i would have to say after i adjusted the steering stops, it improved probably 15 to 20%. Its overall now about equivalent, maybe a bit more, than my rzr 1000 i had.