ooooooooooo

Replacing rear quarter panel

Flyingcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good evening. Anyone know where to get or how much it would cost to replace right rear quarter panel in 2019 Roxor? I got run into in right rear corner. Tailgate still works and not quite bad enough to affect fueling so relatively minor. But tail light is completely smashed and scrape extends a bit past. Wrinkled enough don’t think I can just pound it out. Looking where to even find one first, then consider cost and ease of replacement. Any thoughts or advice appreciated

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There is no aftermarket panels. You may be SOL. A good sheet metal fabricator can probably make you one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You might be able to get some Jeep panels and make them work with some modifications but even then I’m not sure if it will be close enough to make work.

Or you could go with this and deal with the area that it doesn’t cover but that should be relatively easy with some ingenuity On the Rox Fabrication - Roxor Rear Quarter Panel Armor

Flyingcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the replies. I was just looking at the quarter panel armor from On The Rox. Looks like that might be my only option. I didn’t figure this case would be all that unusual. But guess I didn’t get them for pretty, but discouraging all the same. Thanks again

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The rear armor from on the rox would cover it but it needs to be bolted onto the quarter panel. Maybe you can hammer it out good enough to mount the armor and cover it up.

I had to do a good bit of cutting to install it.

642d0c0676e5e5c9e30b2edcc8510f99.jpg

fad38f30bdd6635573b70ff99d3949d7.jpg

2a088bf76397f203ba9b106ce1560f87.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyingcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow that looks like it turned out real nice!! you set the bar pretty high! Thank you for sharing

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Would you mind posting a pic of the damage? Pictures are always good. (y)

I'd be interested to see how you fix it too.

Flyingcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good evening. Here are couple pictures of the damage as requested. I was just able to pick up some rear quarter armor from On The Rox. As suggested my plan is to bolt the armor over the top and simply cover up The damage. The hardest part might be getting the taillight. I have on ordered from local dealer but they have no idea when they can get on in
225A029D-E282-43CD-A628-646CEC102219.jpeg
1497C43D-C349-4E24-BD67-BAD100354DAB.jpeg

225A029D-E282-43CD-A628-646CEC102219.jpeg 1497C43D-C349-4E24-BD67-BAD100354DAB.jpeg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’sa pretty good crunch. Can you hammer some/most of it out?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good evening. Here are couple pictures of the damage as requested. I was just able to pick up some rear quarter armor from On The Rox. As suggested my plan is to bolt the armor over the top and simply cover up The damage. The hardest part might be getting the taillight. I have on ordered from local dealer but they have no idea when they can get on in
View attachment 9345View attachment 9346

View attachment 9345 View attachment 9346
BTW love the old blue pick up in the back ground

Flyingcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
yeah it made a big crunch when it was hit. It was parked and my uncle backed into it with his 97 dodge pickup, corner to corner. Hard enough they were hung up together and had to work a bit to get them apart. Good testimony to how much steel is in the panels. I’ll probably see how the armor panels fit first and go from there. I can probably hammer a bit of it out, but I would need to take the panel off to do that. Hard to access that corner of the panel and I’m thinking these panels wont hammer out as easy as some. It’s used just about everyday this time of year so it’ll probably have to wait till later in the summer before I dive into it.
The old blue pickup in the background is a mid sixties dodge power wagon. Neat color and be neat if it was fixed up. My uncle, same one who ran into me, is a bit of a collector. Lots of neat projects but no time to get them going.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OUCH!!! Hope the armor panel works for you...you'll have to post a pic when you're done with it. As far as the tail light goes, someone on here swapped his tail lights out for Wrangler style lights, so that's an option if you can't round up a stock one.