ooooooooooo

Replacement speedo cluster

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello all. I am in conversations with a digital instrumentation company who strongly feels he can supply a replacement speedometer cluster for Roxors.
Mine still works but would like to be proactive and replace before I am left without a working unit like many other owners. Here’s the issue. I need to send him one to examine and understand what he needs to replicate. I am hoping someone here either has one from a wrecked Roxor, or a bad one that are waiting to get replaced for a long time and willing to try this route until Mahindra comes back on line. I feel strong enough this will work I would even be willing to pay a reasonable price for one. He may need for a couple of months to work through this with his other work, otherwise I would let him take mine. Just starting to cool down a bit here in AZ so want to kept running right now. Any ideas suggestions how I can get this done are appreciated, thanks.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I may be able to assist in this situation in a few months after it is too cold to drive my roxor. Where is this manufacturer located?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I may be able to assist in this situation in a few months after it is too cold to drive my roxor. Where is this manufacturer located?
That would be great and I believe a benefit for all going forward. They are in Eastlake, OH. since this will be a work in progress for a few months anyway, I would suggest leave open and once you are firm to work on this and are ready to remove and ship, let me know and I will give the vendor a heads up. We could grab a call at that time assuming the vendor is ready to accept, and talk through the details. Thanks again and look forward in talking to you.

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
how do I get into the speedo to clip off the little post in the speedo. it keeps my speedometer
needle from going past 60-65 mph

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When you do this is there a way to get a speedo that goes to 75 or 80 mph? I'm very interested in a replacement although mine still works. My issue with the Roxor warrantee or service is I'm 3.5 hrs away from a dealer but 30 to 35 minutes away from a Mahindra dealer.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When you do this is there a way to get a speedo that goes to 75 or 80 mph? I'm very interested in a replacement although mine still works. My issue with the Roxor warrantee or service is I'm 3.5 hrs away from a dealer but 30 to 35 minutes away from a Mahindra dealer.
This. definitely this. The market gets even greater cause those of us with working units will want one to upgrade.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also if I'm throwing out a wish list, can we get a small analog fuel gauge within the larger cluster instead of the next to worthless digital readout??

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am lead to believe by the vendor that almost anything is possible so I would say keep the ideas and suggestions coming. I think there will be plenty of us that don’t need one now but would rather have an option more readily available if or when the OEM unit fails. It may take some time but I will be working on it until a workable solution is completed or the vendor telling me it can’t be done. As ideas are posted here I will keep a log and present all that makes sense.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If there was a speedo option with higher speeds and better reliability I would replace mine now.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In addition to a higher speedo a button in the back that can be pressed to increase or decrease the speedo reading by .5% each press or even 1% would be awesome. This way anyone who changes tires or gears or both can correct the speedo.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As another component of gauging interest, should we start a list of how much everyone is willing to pay for a new cluster?

@Arizona Johnny: have you asked the company what speedo that is custom built for the Roxor could cost?
Just some bookend values: Starting at bare bones, then add all the features everyone would like to have.

I wonder if a digital display (easy ro read, 1" tall) for the speed would be more cost effective than a needle.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Price estimate unknown but they market a digital replacement for older cj’s starting at $800 so depending on the level of customization and features in think it’s safe to say it would start no less than $1k and go up from there. The volume is bound to be lower than his standard items kept in stock for sale.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I figure 400 to 500 would be a comfortable price for me knowing the issues with the reliability of ours. I do like the water temp but it isn't a deal breaker for me as I use an obd2 sensor and my phone as a digital gauge cluster. We also need to be able to program the mileage at purchase or first install.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just bought a 2018 with the dreaded FFFFFFFF problem. It was sold 25 months ago so I assume it is out of warranty.

I'd be very interested in a better replacement. If you want mine to let the guy use, let me know.

Tokarev

I'd like temp and fuel added to the display. Or the ability to scroll through and see temp and fuel accurately. Same for oil pressure. A trip odometer would also be nice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

whiteroxorssr

Has there been any updates on the replacement speedometers? MY 2018 just started the FFFFFFF yesterday and I would be very interested in replacing it.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On the rocks has been working on testing a replacement cluster for function. Not sure if they are done with the testing. But it’s pricey. I think it was in the 1200- 1500 range. Did everything the stock one does except fuel gauge I believe. I think they were trying to find a solution for that. And from their pic on Facebook it looks to take a new dash to fit the unit or lots of modifications to the existing dash.