ooooooooooo

Recommendations on windshield?

gofer99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking at windshields and need one with DOT approved glass in Michigan, which will be a requirement for street legal. Any recommendations, I want bolt on not customize?

If I buy the factory windshield can I replace the Lexan glass with auto glass?

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking at windshields and need one with DOT approved glass in Michigan, which will be a requirement for street legal. Any recommendations, I want bolt on not customize?

I was quoted about $200 to replace my factory marsguard with glass. My dilemma is then getting a windshield wiper system to look factory with that windshield. I’m going to go with a hard cab by summertime and will probably just sell my factory windshield and use the hard cab providers windshield.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I've heard Fortress and ONTHEROX both offer frames that will take DOT approved glass those are the 2 I can suggest

gofer99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
yea I probably am going to have to buy the windshield frame and get the DOT glass installed. Do you know if the ONTHEROX fixed windshield and what Dirt legal sells manufactured by the same company?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
yea I probably am going to have to buy the windshield frame and get the DOT glass installed. Do you know if the ONTHEROX fixed windshield and what Dirt legal sells manufactured by the same company?

Ya I think they're both the same.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had a early CJ model windshield. In order to mount it I had to remove the front and side ROPS. The CJ windshield was too low. The Roxor seats are up higher than a Cj's because of those storage boxes.

I had to take my Rox to Nash Powersports where I saw a display Roxor with a local supplied windshield. I went home with one. DOT glass included.

7mJ9EpyETPCnuvY06SAGaA.jpg WGWZY95yRJO8ddulxi+6KA.jpg

Dentobean

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was quoted about $200 to replace my factory marsguard with glass. My dilemma is then getting a windshield wiper system to look factory with that windshield. I’m going to go with a hard cab by summertime and will probably just sell my factory windshield and use the hard cab providers windshield.
Who is your hard cab provider?

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had a early CJ model windshield. In order to mount it I had to remove the front and side ROPS. The CJ windshield was too low. The Roxor seats are up higher than a Cj's because of those storage boxes.

I had to take my Rox to Nash Powersports where I saw a display Roxor with a local supplied windshield. I went home with one. DOT glass included.
You pulled off the CJ frame and replaced it with the Nash supplied one?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The early CJ5 seats are actually around the same base height, only a little difference (there was a fuel tank under the driver's seat and flip up toolbox under the passenger). The Roxor seats are def thicker. All this adds to the height.

IMO top choice dictates ROPS plan. If someone makes a non cheesy top that works with early or late CJ windshields, awesome. I'd prefer OtR or Fotress make an enclosure that works with their windshields, as massive visibility increase over the CJs is awesome - as is the stock ROPS.

Tokarev

The early CJ5 seats are actually around the same base height, only a little difference (there was a fuel tank under the driver's seat and flip up toolbox under the passenger). The Roxor seats are def thicker. All this adds to the height.

IMO top choice dictates ROPS plan. If someone makes a non cheesy top that works with early or late CJ windshields, awesome. I'd prefer OtR or Fotress make an enclosure that works with their windshields, as massive visibility increase over the CJs is awesome - as is the stock ROPS.

Cecco Racing has that lower windshield spacer piece as you've probably seen. Hopefully they can make these for the retail market. That and either brackets or complete bars that accompany the factory roll bar.

Tokarev

So the Fortress wiper kit is $273 per side? Almost $600 for the set and another $600 for the windshield? Yikes!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It is a bit expensive but I liked the hardtop and tip out windshield combo for my use, so I justified it as a package. I only bought the drivers side wiper.

Ragnar RoxHard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 2642 View attachment 2644
Do you get a lot of windshield flex when driving with the local supplied windshield?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do you get a lot of windshield flex when driving with the local supplied windshield?

The factory windshield frame flaps around terrible at speed. I added 2 bolts to the bottom of frame through existing wiper holes and added marine grade weather strip across cowel and very happy with result. No more flap!!

Tokarev

My OTR aluminum folding windshield wiggles pretty good at anything faster than about 55 mph.

In looking at the design as a whole I kind of wonder why OTR did not place the hinge slightly higher to allow the factory Mahindra cowl to be put across the lower section of the windshield once installed. In my mind this would serve to reinforce the material and help with wind buffering. It also would have allowed owners to stay "branded" since the factory cowl says Mahindra across the front.

Only downside that seems to exist with my hypothetical hinge is that the Toyota hood latch pieces would have to be an inch taller or whatever to put the folded windshield level.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Finn

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

I am up in Pentwater, MI and looking for DOT windshield and am curious of what you ended up going with and would love to see a pic!
Thanks

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went CJ/YJ windshield frame that was $80, the hinges worked bolt on. The glass $40, wiper system CJ total with switches and motor $200. I reworked my rollcage to bolt to CJ windshield. Very happy and satisfied