ooooooooooo

Rear Bumper Platform

Jimt1000

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Picked up my new 2022 Roxor last week and am in the process of customizing it. First, I added a custom road feeder to the front which required some custom fabrication, but worked very nicely (see pic). The electrical wiring to the dummy rocker switches is still a mystery to me and am looking for further information on that, but I'm figuring it out. What I want to do now is add a rear platform, about 30" of extension, out from the back bumper to haul game animals and gear. In looking at the bumper very briefly before leaving the Ranch, it appears the provided bumper is bolted and welded to the frame. And I'm not understanding the utility of the bumper as provided. It has numerous bolt holes thru it, I guess, for hitch mounts and other accessories. I don't see an easy way to simply remove the existing bumper without cutting some weld plates, so I'm contemplating fabricating an extension platform which can be bolted to the existing bumper and then weld some supports underneath supporting the platform from the frame. My question to the forum is: Has anyone removed the stock bumper on the 2022 model or has anyone bolted on such extensions to the bumper? I'm concerned the stock bumper isn't that solid and won't handle any torsion very well as introduced by the leverage of a 30" extension. Thanks
67658301787__047CA7B1-7825-4F78-B551-79C77C61F142.jpg

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think what you are calling the rear bumper is actually the rear "C" channel cross member which is welded in place with lots of holes. The stock bumper was a very flimsy stamped steel part which bolted to the cross member. There are a few Roxor bumpers out there. On The Rox is a good place and Cecco Racing. Cecco makes a bumper adapter that you can attach CJ7 bumpers to. All the holes allow for different accessories to be added. It is a pain to bolt up some of the bumpers cause you have to drop the fuel tank to access the holes. As for the switch blanks good luck with them. Just trying to remove them is a chore. There are a couple of videos on it, in the end you usually just end up tearing it apart. Good luck with your build and keep us posted.

Jimt1000

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks indeed... What you have described as the "C" channel is exactly what I have. It is welded in place too. So, I'll have to configure my own extended bumper platform, bolt it to the C channel, and then reinforce it from underneath with welded braces back to the frame. I'll send pics when done. You've clarified for me the issue of needing to use the C channel as a basis of the build. I'm worried a bit about it's ability to resist the torsion induced by the platform, but I'll resolve that with the additional welded braces back to the frame. As far as the switch blanks go, those are a Royal PITA! I've not encountered something so simple, yet so difficult, to remove. And, yes, I tore up the first one I did get removed. Thanks again.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Look at the roxor hitch plate support that mahindra sells. It is used to stiffen the bumper to allow the heavy duty hitch to be attached. It really is heavy duty.
Also some of the blank switches are prewired for the turn signals and other lights.

Jimt1000

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got it. Thanks again. I may incorporate that hitch plate in my build, or at least mimic it.

jsmcada

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'd be worried about the leverage that the additional 30" will create. That back frame end is not very strong and if bent its not going to be an easy fix. There is just nothing to bolt on to that's very strong back there. I think I would get the best rear bumper I could find and add a couple of extra receiver hitches out to the right and left of the middle and then build a platform of some type that attaches with the 3 receiver hitches.
Roxor HD Bolt-on 2" Receiver Hitch
SQ6942156
Roxor Performance Rear Bumper
SQ1707073

Plan B

Get with Sean at Big Country Outdoors to fabricate something like the rear extension he built for my JD Gator. I'm betting he can fix you up. He can also do a great job on a roxor. He has done both mine and everything was first class.
https://www.bigcountryoutdoors.net
sean@bigcountryoutdoors.net
713-461-9443
_SAM6059.JPG
_SAM6061.JPG