ooooooooooo

Process for street legal in Michigan?

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
yep, bought it at Leaders in Kazoo.

No idea on insurance yet, the companies that keep coming up in other posts are State Farm and Progressive, that they may have "on road" insurance for the Roxor in other states.
I called my insurance agent today and she said Progressive told them last week that they will not insure these. I have auto-owners for my truck and she said that they stopped insuring the utv’s that were previously grandfathered in 3 years ago. I also got denied from Farm Bureau and I’m waiting on a call back from State Farm. I have no tickets or accidents in the previous 3 years and over a 800 credit score. So looks like if I find someone to insure my Roxor they’ll also be getting my truck policy.

Last edited:

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ready for the LEO inspection, talked with my insurance agent and they were able to quote a "on road" policy, should be getting closer. For grins, I called Progressive just to see if they could quote a policy and was told no.
Well what insurance company is giving you a policy and how much?

Strubby

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I don't like the comment about someone being busted driving on out of state plates. That's currently the only way we can get on the road here in FL and is what I'm afraid of happening. The Roxor only makes sense to me if I can use it on the road too. Keep up the hard work guys!

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am in SC and in the insurance business. I opted for Auto-Owners insuring it as a vehicle. Progressive will write them in SC as well as Foremost. It is a state by state issue.

Dirt Legal said they could get me a FL truck title and tag for $1,500 I offered him $500 and we never came to terms. If you are running any vehicle on an out of state tag then I suggest you are circumventing the licensing laws. I run on a golf car permit here in SC. Thinking about looking hard at the MI law others have mentioned in other threads to determine if it’s a legislative option here.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A State Farm agent told me they would insure it. All I need is the completed inspection form,a copy of the new reissued title and I have to sign a form saying I didn’t drive it on the road previously illegally.

Last edited:

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I recalled the State Farm agent today to get a quote $473.81 for 6 months (that’s basic insurance no comp or collision) and with full coverage it would be $759.26. She said most insurance companies won’t cover these and if your State Farm agent can’t get you insured they probably just don’t know how to write it up.

gofer99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok, so it only took three visits to the SOS to get the application filed for a corrected title as an assembled vehicle. Now we wait for 6-8 weeks for the review of the title and the paperwork that was submitted before I get a new title/vin and be able to register/plate it.

Here are a few items that may save you an extra trip:
- If ORV title is in multiple names need all parties or a POA at the SOS
- Both Section 1 and 2 of TR-54 need to completed by LEO. New forms are still not available
- LEO inspection, looked real hard at my windshield to try to find the DOT approval, and since it isn't a standard windshield the stamp isn't on the windshield. If you buy the glass from an auto glass place ask them to put on the receipt DOT approved, may save you a call/visit.
- Take any receipts that you have in upgrading the vehicle to make it Road Worthy with you to the SOS, they will ask.
- Make sure the SOS person is looking at the 2019 memo for converting ORV to Road Worthy, the office I went to didn't have the MEMO in their book, I had to challenge them, they then found the documentation they were willing to help.
- One other thing I found out, if you have a lien on the vehicle, you must have a letter from the lien holder authorizing the change to the title.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m ready for inspection too, safety glass for the factory windshield ended up costing $183.

Lsuther1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am staying off road. I already have two Ford 4X4.......
In Northern Michigan we have the ability to run on most county roads, plus tons of trails. An ORV paradise.

Last edited:

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sheriff came out today for the inspection, everything went fast and painless. Tomorrow I’ll be off to the SOS to get a reissued title.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
One trip to the SOS for me and my application for assembled vehicle title is in. You have to write a brief description of what you added to make it street legal. They asked for receipts and I only had the windshield glass install so I had to write I already had all the materials to make in street legal. What they are looking for is that you paid Michigan sales tax on all the items you used to make it street legal, imagine that. She said someone from the State would give me a call to set up a time to install my new VIN sticker, timeframe up to 8 weeks. Sounds like new title will still say ORV on it somewhere and most insurance companies will deny you insurance because of this.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am in SC and in the insurance business. I opted for Auto-Owners insuring it as a vehicle. Progressive will write them in SC as well as Foremost. It is a state by state issue.

Dirt Legal said they could get me a FL truck title and tag for $1,500 I offered him $500 and we never came to terms. If you are running any vehicle on an out of state tag then I suggest you are circumventing the licensing laws. I run on a golf car permit here in SC. Thinking about looking hard at the MI law others have mentioned in other threads to determine if it’s a legislative option here.
I would say the new reissued Michigan title still says ORV assembled and you wouldn’t be able to transfer it to SC and be street legal, best option is to get a Willy’s tub and register it as assembled vehicle with the Willy’s VIN.

xm381a2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The new title says orv and it remains an Orv Off Road Vehicle not for street legal use despite of new law.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sunday evening and watching Outdoor Channel. Just saw a new Roxor commercial and in it they bragged that it wasn’t street legal, “and that is the best part”. Mahindra is going to extremes to make their point.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sunday evening and watching Outdoor Channel. Just saw a new Roxor commercial and in it they bragged that it wasn’t street legal, “and that is the best part”. Mahindra is going to extremes to make their point.
I’m assuming Mahindra doesn’t want the Roxor on the street due to product liability issues. I can’t imagine what the US legal community would do Mahindra if Mahindra had taken a different street legal stance.
That being said the lack of a logical thought process of vehicle licensing in this country is amazing.

Entglass51

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello, I'm a new Roxor owner, Here's my experience, needed Insurance for Lein Holder, called Geico for off road insurance, After 15 minutes with agent , comes back with "No, they don't have that off road vehicle listed" called a Insurance broker # given by the UTV place was told instantly "NO" so I called Geico back and told Geico I wanted on road insurance and 20 minutes later had it, Had to describe it for Her, Body was similar to 50's jeep 4 cylinder diesel, no mam it does not have air bags, seat belts, yes mam it will have an Alarm and had insurance card e-mailed in 2 min. & Declaration for Lien Holder sent to UTV salesman, everything so far Good fingers crossed

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello, I'm a new Roxor owner, Here's my experience, needed Insurance for Lein Holder, called Geico for off road insurance, After 15 minutes with agent , comes back with "No, they don't have that off road vehicle listed" called a Insurance broker # given by the UTV place was told instantly "NO" so I called Geico back and told Geico I wanted on road insurance and 20 minutes later had it, Had to describe it for Her, Body was similar to 50's jeep 4 cylinder diesel, no mam it does not have air bags, seat belts, yes mam it will have an Alarm and had insurance card e-mailed in 2 min. & Declaration for Lien Holder sent to UTV salesman, everything so far Good fingers crossed
Unfortunately insurance varies state to state so the fact that you’re in Florida doesn’t help the people in Michigan.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately insurance varies state to state so the fact that you’re in Florida doesn’t help the people in Michigan.
I sell insurance in Minnesota and the Roxor can be insuranced here to be street legal don’t know why Michigan would be any different.