ooooooooooo

POST YOUR STATE'S LAW ALLOWING ROAD USE......

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeepish, I'm sorry to hear this. I thought you had hit the jackpot. is Mini truck still an option for you?
I was given a number to the National Highway Traffic Safety division and told to call and request an inspection. If my Roxor meets the requirements, then I can take it to the county probate office to get a VIN and then to DMV. I think this is correct. I’m off for a few days next week and will see where this leads.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Keep us in the loop. I was hoping and praying that the Dune Buggy bill here would open a door but so far that has not happened.

BDRAG

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In Utah it is very simple, they assign it a MC plate, and you can drive it on the roads except roads like freeways, interstates, ect. In some ways it is better, due to the fact that you are exempt from emissions and that sort of stuff. All in all, it was very simple to do. With that being said, the DMV in Utah is very pleasant to deal with, in my experience. I feel for some of you guys in States/Providences (for our brothers and Sisters in Canada and elsewhere) that are a pain in the A**, absolutely ridiculous.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Stop thinking about the Roxor as a vehicle. It’s a pile of parts.

Don’t break the law, you don’t need to.

You’re all welcome.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Stop thinking about the Roxor as a vehicle. It’s a pile of parts.

Don’t break the law, you don’t need to.

You’re all welcome.

HAhaaaaa. I completely agree but! I hate the fact that any other project vehicle in the state of Texas can achieve the street status without issue but the Roxor is like an IMPORTED VIRUS TO THE AUTO INDUSTRY. And this Roxor virus is getting more attention and money thrown at it to stop it than the CORONA VIRUS! Lol.

BDRAG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s sucks that texas made a way to street legal golf carts on certain roads but not the roxor (farmer/rancher excepted).

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
It’s sucks that texas made a way to street legal golf carts on certain roads but not the roxor (farmer/rancher excepted).

And the roxor is wider than 50 inches so it can't go golfing either! Lol.

BDRAG

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was given a number to the National Highway Traffic Safety division and told to call and request an inspection. If my Roxor meets the requirements, then I can take it to the county probate office to get a VIN and then to DMV. I think this is correct. I’m off for a few days next week and will see where this leads.
Good luck! If it works, lets know all the particulars. Me and the missus put almost 100 miles on ours today. We drove from Huntsville to the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge. Trip would have been have the distance IF I would have been able to get on the interstate.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just picked up a 2019 with roof windshield and winch. Now to start the process of street legal. Here in Washington state I have made a honda Rincon, a Polaris ace, and a honda 700-2 street legal. I couldn't take them on the main highway, but could use in town or some farm areas.

My question here is, who makes a kit that has it all. mirrors, horn, blinkers in one kit? I have been looking and it seems it is buy this and that to put a kit together.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I just picked up a 2019 with roof windshield and winch. Now to start the process of street legal. Here in Washington state I have made a honda Rincon, a Polaris ace, and a honda 700-2 street legal. I couldn't take them on the main highway, but could use in town or some farm areas.

My question here is, who makes a kit that has it all. mirrors, horn, blinkers in one kit? I have been looking and it seems it is buy this and that to put a kit together.
Welcome. There's is a horn button on the dash already! Lol. Look around. There are signal kits and roof, windshield and wiper products out there.

BDRAG

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Many products out there, I would say just look around before you commit to you, as there are many different styles, hope you enjoy your build, post pics.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome. There's is a horn button on the dash already! Lol. Look around. There are signal kits and roof, windshield and wiper products out there.

BDRAG
Found the horn button lol. Mirrors are on, electrical on the way, hubs on the way, rear tire carrier on the way. I am sure doors, cab, and heater will be in the future along with a trailer I will build.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Found the horn button lol. Mirrors are on, electrical on the way, hubs on the way, rear tire carrier on the way. I am sure doors, cab, and heater will be in the future along with a trailer I will build.
Sounds like shes coming along nicely.

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks ALL. KEEP THEM COMMING......

And to look at these STRAIGHT FORWARD laws is wonderful and they are simple and to the point.
Texas has a 24 page re write in work as of now for a new law passed last year for Assembled Vehicles. Its mind twisting and if your not rehearsed in the old and new versions, you have almost no chance at doing it right the first time. It is a tad less cloudy. Its crazy complicated.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Keep in mind this is in work. The law went into effect last Sept 1. The crossed out verbiage is old law and underlined is new proposed changes.

BDRAG
Just registered mine in NM. Went way smoother than I thought. I have an offroad sticker and a permanent on road plate coming in the mail.

20200213_102822.jpg

20200213_102822.jpg 20200213_102034.jpg 20200213_102107.jpg

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
WOW! Its either a 2 cylinder version or 2 cycle according to the form. LOL, I think the fee's are a tad high but I would pay it to use mine where and when I want to. Good job.

BDRAG
Lol...yeah I saw the mistakes but I wasn't going to correct her. I didn't wanna rock the boat lol. The registration fee was 45.00. It was lumped in with the tax I paid at the dealership because I bought it in a different state and the dealership sent a check to them with the title paperwork.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Lol...yeah I saw the mistakes but I wasn't going to correct her. I didn't wanna rock the boat lol. The registration fee was 45.00. It was lumped in with the tax I paid at the dealership because I bought it in a different state and the dealership sent a check to them with the title paperwork.

I traded 2 motorcycles for my Roxor. I did not get the same discount on taxes as if you trade in a car worth the same amount. So the $17,000 in trade was taxed @6.25%. If I had traded for a car my tax would have been ZERO! Off road vehicles do not get the tax benefit.

BDRAG