ooooooooooo

Oil Change Intervals.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found them reasonable at less than $8 per oem oil filter. If I remember right, I ordered 3 oil filters, a fuel filter , air filter ,gasket rings for oil pan plug, oh and almost forgot the notorious penion seal that I couldn't find anywhere else, and steering wheel badge .With shipping it was less than $84. Since I ordered multiple items the shipping was reasonable. This was last summer. It's a post on here about it somewhere.
However when I had just bought my machine, I ordered an oil filter from a dealer in Hattiesburg which is an hour from me and it was over $20 for a single oil filter with shipping.
They seem to be extremely reasonable and responsive. I've ordered filters, oil plug washers...no issues at all and fast.

B

Bister

I have decided to start oil change intervals every 2,500 miles since 95% of my driving is around town. Mostly short trips and mostly at 45-55 mph.

Every 50 hours it seems like I'm changing oil every six weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I'm going every 5000 kilometers/3000 miles. I run most of my trucks double (or more with synthetic) what the recommended interval is. Been doing that for 30 years, I have yet to have a motor blow up on me. My 2004 Ford F150 has a helluva tick/knock, but that's just Ford 5.4 thing 280,000 kilometres on it, I just turn up the stereo and drive it till it goes boom. "If it ain't ticking, it ain't running".

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What's going on with the oil filter shortage? Covid? ?

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What's going on with the oil filter shortage? Covid? ?
No probably MAHINDRA’s failure to follow up on customer support. I’ve been waiting for over three months for parts.
You would think now they can’t say all there resources are going towards new units, bullshit where are my parts. New buyers beware.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
at this point I consider it a premium to have an oem filter vs a will fit but unknown if it meets or exceeds oem specs. I still have one on the shelf so I’m not hurting and in dire need to spend 3 times the msrp on one. Like I said i can wait.

B

Bister

at this point I consider it a premium to have an oem filter vs a will fit but unknown if it meets or exceeds oem specs. I still have one on the shelf so I’m not hurting and in dire need to spend 3 times the msrp on one. Like I said i can wait.
I always have a couple extra also. Also a spare air and fuel.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have an extra fuel filter and air filter also. I bought several oil filters from Sherwood last year. I have the synthetic oil sitting on my shelf. - also the gear oil. I think I'm good for a year or more. Sure hope so. This Roxer is handling better and better at 1800 miles .( All farm driven )

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's like the great toilet paper shortage. Sure, you have plenty in the house but you know it won't last forever. So, every time you see some you buy it, because you just don't know how long there'll be a shortage. Yeah, I have a filter on the shelf but now that I can't buy one I WANT ONE!?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's like the great toilet paper shortage. Sure, you have plenty in the house but you know it won't last forever. So, every time you see some you buy it, because you just don't know how long there'll be a shortage. Yeah, I have a filter on the shelf but now that I can't buy one I WANT ONE!

I have plenty of TP. Trade ya pack of mega rolls for an oil filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
this is my first diesel powered vehicle and had no idea of oil change intervals. according to the owners manual
it is every 1500 mi. that doesn't seem right to me. why is this little diesel motor different from some of the other diesels in the VW,
fords, gmcs , etc....that have oil change every 5k miles. i have friends with diesels that change oil 5k miles.
1500 just doesn't seem right to me. most of my miles have been on the road with very few off road....

B

Bister

this is my first diesel powered vehicle and had no idea of oil change intervals. according to the owners manual
it is every 1500 mi. that doesn't seem right to me. why is this little diesel motor different from some of the other diesels in the VW,
fords, gmcs , etc....that have oil change every 5k miles. i have friends with diesels that change oil 5k miles.
1500 just doesn't seem right to me. most of my miles have been on the road with very few off road....
They are assuming it is being used in rougher conditions off-road. More hours than actual miles, I change every 3000 miles/about 250 hours. Lots are changing by the hours not the miles, some 100, 150, 200 etc. Like I said, I'm 3000 miles, which is close to 250 hour for me. I always push my oil changes high, usually double or more on just about every vehicle I have had. lol

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Will be Running Amsoil 0w40 in mine changing it once a year. Engine protected against failure by Amsoil for the 15k miles

Last edited:

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
[/QUOTE
Running Amsoil 0w40 in mine,will run much smoother than Mahindra oil. Changing once a year or 15k miles

Last edited:

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sherwood makes a huge mark up. Plus stupid shipping rates. I will pay more. If I find it. With standard shipping.
Not sure when the shipping rates went so crazy! Bought a bunch of stuff from them when I first got the roxor and shipping was reasonable, went to buy some filters and the shipping was nuts!!