ooooooooooo

Oil Change Intervals.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I'm reading that according to Roxor you should replace the oil at 300 miles and then every 1500 miles afterwards.

I'm really surprised by this given that they also reccomend sythetic which in a deasil engine should be good for at least 3000 miles. Can anyone shed light on this issue? Would it really be a problem if you used regular diesel oil?

Maybe they suggest changing it so often because they expect severe duty.

What does everyone else think.

Also a side question does anyone know of any aftermarket filters instead of having to by OEM?

Thanks

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I'm reading that according to Roxor you should replace the oil at 300 miles and then every 1500 miles afterwards.

I'm really surprised by this given that they also reccomend sythetic which in a deasil engine should be good for at least 3000 miles. Can anyone shed light on this issue? Would it really be a problem if you used regular diesel oil?

Maybe they suggest changing it so often because they expect severe duty.

What does everyone else think.

Also a side question does anyone know of any aftermarket filters instead of having to by OEM?

Thanks
I had the opportunity to speak with someone from roxor a little while back when I was having work done on my roxor. He told me every 5k miles is fine. 1500 is taking into account that it is a utv and most people don't put more than 5k miles on a utv in the life of their machine. The person I spoke with told me that if you have the possibility of water, high Temps or dust then quicker intervals are recomended. As far as the synthetic thing goes, 100% definatly use the recomended oil! Trust me, a new engine cost alot more than a few gallons of synthetic. Plus you will see better fule milage and loger service life from your engine.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had the opportunity to speak with someone from roxor a little while back when I was having work done on my roxor. He told me every 5k miles is fine. 1500 is taking into account that it is a utv and most people don't put more than 5k miles on a utv in the life of their machine. The person I spoke with told me that if you have the possibility of water, high Temps or dust then quicker intervals are recomended. As far as the synthetic thing goes, 100% definatly use the recomended oil! Trust me, a new engine cost alot more than a few gallons of synthetic. Plus you will see better fule milage and loger service life from your engine.
Good info, What about the first one at 300?

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve blocked off egr. I am not so worried about oil Change interval now. A lot less soot in engine now. I left egr on intake Just blocked and removed cooler. Plan on changing once a year just like tractors. Don’t imagine I’ll ever get more than 2000 miles a year unless I can get it road legal.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did 1st at 500 miles. I found a PDF manual on line for another vehicle with that engine. Intervals was closer to 7500 miles with synthetic or annually. That's what I'm doing. 1500 miles? Yeah, no. It's not a 2 cylinder high revving engine. It's a diesel used by road vehicles.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So far I've confirmed the oil filters are priced at just 7 bucks at the dealer. It's a drag that I have to drive all the way up to the dealer to get them though. The good news is that I found a great deal on oil. Just 15 bucks a gallon at the local Oriely's

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did 1st at 500 miles. I found a PDF manual on line for another vehicle with that engine. Intervals was closer to 7500 miles with synthetic or annually. That's what I'm doing. 1500 miles? Yeah, no. It's not a 2 cylinder high revving engine. It's a diesel used by road vehicles.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can order the filter from our sponsor Sherwood Tractor at a great price. I ordered 3 of them online + fuel filter, air filter etc. a few months ago.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sherwood makes a huge mark up. Plus stupid shipping rates. I will pay more. If I find it. With standard shipping.

Jefdry79

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Every 100 hours is what I go by, I don’t pay any attention to mileage as most of my cruising is below 15 mph on the trails. Of course that was after the first 10 hour change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found them reasonable at less than $8 per oem oil filter. If I remember right, I ordered 3 oil filters, a fuel filter , air filter ,gasket rings for oil pan plug, oh and almost forgot the notorious penion seal that I couldn't find anywhere else, and steering wheel badge .With shipping it was less than $84. Since I ordered multiple items the shipping was reasonable. This was last summer. It's a post on here about it somewhere.
However when I had just bought my machine, I ordered an oil filter from a dealer in Hattiesburg which is an hour from me and it was over $20 for a single oil filter with shipping.

B

Bister

Sherwood sells at MSRP on their site or within a buck or 2. They could mark up the MSRP another 50% like lots of dealer do and give "free" shipping. I'm glad my dealer sells at MSRP. Trick is to order a big enough care package that will last you a while.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.02.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.06.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.08.24 AM.png

Tokarev

I have decided to start oil change intervals every 2,500 miles since 95% of my driving is around town. Mostly short trips and mostly at 45-55 mph.

Every 50 hours it seems like I'm changing oil every six weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk