ooooooooooo

New Roxors coming soon

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was finally cleared to share what I heard in the phone call with Mahindra Automotive a few months back. The details of the call were as follows:

Mahindra Automotive is shutting down, with Mahindra Agricultural to take over Roxor operations. I actually suspected this was the case before the call when the CEO of the automotive division stepped down at the beginning of the year, and was never replaced. It was then confirmed during the call. Most UTV dealers are getting axed from the Roxor supply chain. Only a few select dealers will remain. A limited production run is supposed to occur at the end of this year. This has also been reconfirmed by another phone call received last week.

If that's not bad enough, last week's phone call went like this.

Are we getting any units?
Yes...most likely.

How many should we expect?
A few, but don't presale them or make promises of any kind.

Ok... We can we expect them?
Q4(That means somewhere between October and December).

Let's just say that the sales manager at the dealership was not happy about any of this.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The gang that can't shoot straight built a really nice, upgraded Willys, began to develop a solid following, then proceeded to squander that equity by repeatedly proving it flunked marketing 101 and demonstrating minimal communications skills. Blaming FCA is long in the rearview mirror. Most products fail because they're crappy; not this one. Frustration with Roxor is driven by bumbling in the Mahindra executive suite. Now, here's the secret plan for salvation (maybe): we're thinking about restarting production sometime soon, but don't know exactly when, or how many units we'll build, also, btw, we've laid off chunks of the work force and are bulldozing our supply chain, so sit tight. The '21 model might not be introduced until '22 (if ever). This drama is past tedious. Wake us when it's over, one way or another.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i have a feeling a large part of their uncertainty right now is the covid related shutdowns. If you haven’t noticed parts for all kinds vehicles and machines are becoming scarce. The supply chain is really screwed up at the moment. I just had a semi sit for almost a month because the DEF quality sensor was on national backorder. Mine along with hundreds/thousands of trucks sitting waiting on parts. at the time my dealer had 19 trucks waiting parts on backorder. That’s one dealer in one town. I had to resort to ordering an air filter online and paying more than what I should have cause they were also on backorder. My dealer told me filters were getting hard to get. Said he would order like 48, 24 for him and 24 for a customer. 24 would come in and go to that customer then he’d be waiting for his 24 for stock. by the time they’d come in that customer would need them again. He couldn’t get enough to maintain his own stock levels. Talking with my dealer he said brake drums are starting to get scarce. Now how many outside parts does Mahindra source to make the Roxor? I have no idea. Perhaps it’s nit even outsourced parts but the factories in India shut down. I haven’t heard lately how they were doing but India had a huge covid outbreak not long ago. And just look at any domestic car lot. Not much inventory on any of them. Why? Parts, the manufacturers can’t get enough parts to keep up with demand. I know it’s mainly a chip shortage but guess what, the Roxor has a computer too. No one is immune to this man made pandemic bullshit we‘re seeing right now.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep...Covid screwed pretty much everything up. It definitely doesn't help with Roxors...it's looking pretty grim for them at this point. I'm still glad I bought mine. One good thing about it, they are simple machines that can be modified with numerous parts from other vehicles if it came right down to it. I expect it to hold up for quite a few years before it would come down to that.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think all things considered this was the best possible outcome. The good news is there will be a company that can at least in theory supply parts and maintain the warranty. Meanwhile they can produce more units based on demand. If more people want them they can build as needed

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would be happy if Roxor is sold through Mahindra dealers as their are many more of them and they are usually really efficient at repairs and maintenance.

Roxor needs to really start kicking out new models and getting that supply chain moving again.

Ridem32

Being able to buy parts will be nice!! I would think everyone’s warranty has expired by now. I agree with the tractor dealers being more prepared to work on the roxor. I believe they will stock more parts also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I work as a maintenance manager in the aircraft industry(CNC machinery and plant management). We cannot get service parts or repair parts right now due to COVID-19 problem. I’m sure it was the perfect death storm for the Roxor and Mahindra automotive USA. I’ve always felt they should have came through the ag side since the motors are so similar to their tractor lines. If production comes back so will demand. It’s a great machine and people on the trail always comment on how they want one too. I use mine for ag use and the farmers around me are jealous and want one too. Meanwhile most of the wear parts can be crossed with other manufacturers if your parts person can use a caliper.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Man! I’m happy to hear something, but disappointed in the continued delay. I hope you optimists are correct. I really liked my Roxor when I bought it, but love it now. If most owners are anything like me, the word of mouth advertising will be enough to get this thing back off the ground. My biggest fear at this point is what the rascal will look like. I personally hope it looks like Scout or Bronco or maybe has really desirable styling of some kind without the buyer needing to spend another couple grand to turn it back into a “Jeep”. Can’t wait to see it.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Man! I’m happy to hear something, but disappointed in the continued delay. I hope you optimists are correct. I really liked my Roxor when I bought it, but love it now. If most owners are anything like me, the word of mouth advertising will be enough to get this thing back off the ground. My biggest fear at this point is what the rascal will look like. I personally hope it looks like Scout or Bronco or maybe has really desirable styling of some kind without the buyer needing to spend another couple grand to turn it back into a “Jeep”. Can’t wait to see it.
It's a real bummer. I run a successful business myself and when I and others too kinda crunched the numbers there was no way MNA would be profitable after we calculated demand for the roxor and profit they likely made for each sale. IT just wasn't going to work. However their move to sell the roxor through the tractor division was a good idea which will help them to control costs. It's not what everyone here wanted but at least it's something......

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I spoke with mahindra directly about a few weeks ago and they are going to be releasing the new models sometime the end of the year into next year. What is slowing them down and got them delayed from releasing them already are the needed chips to make them run, along with the impact of COVID-19 which in turn slowed down supply for the chips. They don't even have a price determined yet for the Roxors, but they will be coming eventually

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I spoke with mahindra directly about a few weeks ago and they are going to be releasing the new models sometime the end of the year into next year. What is slowing them down and got them delayed from releasing them already are the needed chips to make them run, along with the impact of COVID-19 which in turn slowed down supply for the chips. They don't even have a price determined yet for the Roxors, but they will be coming eventually

Well hopefully they do...... but I probably should point out that contrary to what the OP said it doesn't look like "New Roxors (are) Coming Soon" though :(

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Campyman: since you sold your Roxor in December 2019 (...I think that's what your post said back then...), but are still active on this board, do you consider buying a new one in case they do appear at dealers (ag / tractor whatever dealers)?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well hopefully they do...... but I probably should point out that contrary to what the OP said it doesn't look like "New Roxors (are) Coming Soon" though :(
Well they did say they already have them manufactured they are just waiting on the chips to make them drivable. If I recall correctly I believe ford broncos are having similar issues

Ridem32

Well they did say they already have them manufactured they are just waiting on the chips to make them drivable. If I recall correctly I believe ford broncos are having similar issues

When did that say that? I have not heard anything like that. Hope it’s true

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When did that say that? I have not heard anything like that. Hope it’s true

So this was the response in regards to my question if they will have a 2022 coming out.this conversation took place July 19.however I can't find the other email specifically addressing the shortage of roxor chips and it being the reason as to why they are delayed, but that's the reason why they are delayed.but this is as per roxor directly. But they do have the 2022 models already made collecting dust temporarily

"Correct, we are currently working on our relaunch. As you know 2020 was a challenging year. Due to that we do not have a firm launch date / pricing etc. set for the re-designed 2022 model."

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #