ooooooooooo

New battery

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What are some good options for an aftermarket AGM battery for a 2018 Roxor that fit with no modifications?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure about the dimensions, but optima are good (but expensive)

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got a Duracell from Sam's Club. Group 34, 800 CCA, positive terminal on the left like the original. It was $108. They had the same battery that was AGM. $70 more. I'm sure like everything else it's gone up. But it fit perfectly.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Be careful running agm, most have a low maximum charging voltage and most vehicle alternators produce high enough voltage to damage most agm batteries on the market. I haven't dug up the ratings on the roxor alternator yet, but I would bet its not compatible with agm batteries.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I haven't looked at the operation of the charging system on the roxor, but it is possible the ones that come with an agm battery have a voltage limited charging system. If I was considering an agm, I would verify the ratings were compatible for peace of mind. I'm also a cheap ass and would be disappointed if I cooked a $200+ battery from not taking the time to research what I was working on.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Our chances of cooking the gauge cluster by doing nothing are probably higher than cooking an agm battery. Just saying.

Hoot

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought a x2 AGM battery. It has a 5 year warranty with free replacement so not too worried if it gets cooked:)
How did you get it to fit in the mount? I got the X2Power 24 AGM and the base would fit fine but the batter had flares on the top side which hit the side brackets of the mount.

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
How did you get it to fit in the mount? I got the X2Power 24 AGM and the base would fit fine but the batter had flares on the top side which hit the side brackets of the mount.
Yes - I fun installing it since I ran into the same problem. I had to bend the side brackets a little and was able to strap it down from there. If I would have known that before I bought the X2 Power battery, I would have went with a different option.