New battery

cabinman

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What are some good options for an aftermarket AGM battery for a 2018 Roxor that fit with no modifications?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure about the dimensions, but optima are good (but expensive)

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got a Duracell from Sam's Club. Group 34, 800 CCA, positive terminal on the left like the original. It was $108. They had the same battery that was AGM. $70 more. I'm sure like everything else it's gone up. But it fit perfectly.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Be careful running agm, most have a low maximum charging voltage and most vehicle alternators produce high enough voltage to damage most agm batteries on the market. I haven't dug up the ratings on the roxor alternator yet, but I would bet its not compatible with agm batteries.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I haven't looked at the operation of the charging system on the roxor, but it is possible the ones that come with an agm battery have a voltage limited charging system. If I was considering an agm, I would verify the ratings were compatible for peace of mind. I'm also a cheap ass and would be disappointed if I cooked a $200+ battery from not taking the time to research what I was working on.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Our chances of cooking the gauge cluster by doing nothing are probably higher than cooking an agm battery. Just saying.