ooooooooooo

Need Help With Pinion Angle (Degree Shims)

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I revisited my pinion angle measurements today and Im a bit confused. I'll try my best to describe what I have and hopefully some of you smart people can help me out.
The rear of the T-Case is pointed down at 4.5* and the front of the rear differential is pointed up at 10*. If I think about imaginary lines extending from the output shaft of the T-Case and the input shaft of the differential, these lines diverge at a 5.5* angle.
I was thinking that a 6* shim would be what I need since it would rotate the front of the differential down so that it is now pointed up at 4*. This is only 0.5* off, but Im afraid it is in the bad direction. Again, thinking about the imaginary lines, they converge at a 0.5* angle.
Would I be better off to go with a 4* shim and have it be 1.5* off in the other direction?
5* seems like what I need, but I have not been able to locate any 5* x 2-1/2" steel degree shims.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I may have all of this backwards now that I sketched it out and think about it some more! 6* may be in the good direction.