ooooooooooo

My Twin Stick Set up

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is how I did mine.

I have a parted out 1965 CJ5 so first thought I would take the output housing off and use it along with the shift rails and levers. Mechanic friend that would later help me remove the pill advised me to do something less complicated.

So I decided to utilize only the shift levers from the donor case.

My father was a fabricator/mechanic/welder/carpenter/could do anything person so I know just enough about all that to get myself in trouble. Keep that in mind when laughing at my welds.

The only material I bought was a piece of 3/4" angle from TS and the shift knobs. Oh and a few bolts and brass bushings.

TS sells brass bushings that fit perfectly inside the levers to utilize a 3/8 bolt. Or if you want to save a few bucks you can just use a 1/2" bolt but it's a lil sloppy.

Used a free to me Harbor Freight MIG.

Bought the shift knobs from Advance Adapters.

I did not have to remove the drive shaft to make/install twin stick.

Step 1: Remove levers from old case. Had to soak the pin in Kroil and knock the crap out of it to get it out. Clean and remove rust.

1.jpg

Step 2: Remove all linkages and pivot point from Roxor.

Step 3: Cut pivot point in half. Bolt levers using 2 bushings or washers. I them used screws to screw the pivot piece pieces down on a 2x4 so they would be straight. Now cut a piece of metal to fit the gap you created in the pivot piece and weld up.

4.jpg

Step 4: Enlarge hole in body to allow for both levers. As you can see I cut a a couple pieces of angle to "brace" it on top. Drill new holes on drivers side of levers for left side of pivot point. Utilize factory right holes. This is the only permanent mod to the Roxor.

5.jpg

Step 5: Lengthening the levers. I did the Hi/Lo first. Make sure however you do it you ensure the rail is being pushed/pulled straight.

7.jpg

Step 6: Make linkages to rails. I used a small brass washer in between linkages and levers for the Hell of it. Just a few more pennies at TS.

9 2Hi.jpg

Step 7: Remove pill. Make sure the case is in 4Lo apparently. I did this a few days later. I bought a gasket kit but didn't need it Gasket stayed on output housing. Just added some RTV to it before reinstalling. It's not necessary. You will have to put a stand under the trans. Remove the skid plate. The hardest part was removing the hex caps holding the shift rail springs/balls in. Had to get the passenger one started with a punch and 4lb after rounding it with a combo wrench. Tons of factory loc tite on them. Remove the bolts holding the housing and it comes right off. ENSURE THE CASE IS IN NEUTRAL! Pill is visible in last pic on beer holder.

11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Step 8: Enjoy!

14 2Lo!!!.jpg

What are your questions?

1.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 9 2Hi.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14 2Lo!!!.jpg