ooooooooooo

My new daily driver

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After mostly lurking around here for 3 years, the stars finally aligned (well my finances finally aligned) and I was able to pick this up last month. It's not exactly how I would have built one, but it checked a lot of the boxes. And I'll still have some tweaking it to my tastes.

2020 with 3800 miles on it when I bought it. 4500 now.

The biggest problem seems to be folks wanting to talk to me about it. Usually by asking "What year is your Jeep?"

IMG_20211120_180604455.jpg

Sorry for the night picture. I need to find some place picturesque for some quality pics. Also I just noticed my helper snuck his hand into this picture.

IMG_20211119_125722706_HDR.jpg

It does put a grin on my face.

IMG_20211120_112605031_HDR.jpg

The kids love the rear facing seat, but always need to ask "Why have we stopped?" and every stop sign or red light.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very nice! 7 slot grill...... No wonder they're asking about the "Jeep". I never find that being a problem.?? ENJOY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!??

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very nice! 7 slot grill...... No wonder they're asking about the "Jeep". I never find that being a problem.?? ENJOY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!??
The previous owner still had the original grill. I'm just too lazy to put it on ?
@BookBarbarian: you mentioned going down the freeway in another post. Do you have big plates?
Just the small plates with the AZ on road tags. I've only taken it on the US 60 a couple times. Mostly I stick to surface streets and plan for a longer drive. Works for me since I like driving it anyway.
Nice rig! Acetone should take care of that Polaris logo.
Yeah that want my cup of tea either. I just pulled that dust cover off. I need to be able to reach back to the kiddos.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok. I was hoping you had big plates and figuted out how to get them in AZ.

Although I have no intentions to take my machine on freeways for long stretches, it would be nice to have big plates to do it legally just in case and when there is no other road available.
For instance, Going from Phoenix to Prescott requires a +60-mile detour through either Payson or Wickenburg/Yarnell because there is a maybe 20mile stretch where I-17 is the only road.
Even the 60 towards Superior is legally off limits until about east of Ironwood.

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's funny I did just move east of Ironwood. Near the Bulldog Canyon OHV entrance. I've only headed west on the 60 twice when my son was late for Preschool back in Mesa.

Even on the street I'm worried a LEO will pull me over for my 'Jeep' having MC plates.

Only sure way I can think of to get the big plates here is to body swap. But I like the roxor body too much.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My only run in with the law was the officer yelling “That’s awesome!” to me as I was driving by. I don’t think I have ever had the Roxor out and not get approached by a curious admirer.

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What was the officer's concern when they pulled you over?
I think he said I "couldn't slap any plate I wanted' on my vehicle.

First I had to explain it was a side by side, but then he didn't know that AZ side by side plates with on-road tags are slightly different than ones with just off-road tags. Motorcycle style instead of trailer style specifically.

Hell if I hadn't of gone through it myself I wouldn't have known the ins and outs of the AZ ATV bureaucratic process.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We'll today was the day. First conversation with the local PD. After they saw my side by side plate, I had to pop the hood and show them the VIN. No issues after that but it was kinda funny.

I was pulled over in Quartzite. I stepped out and asked the officer what I could do for him. He said "you have no plate on your rig". I said no, I just bought it and the plate is in the mail. Showed him my sales reciept and insurance and he said, ok, you are good to go. Then he noticed the year. He thought it was a restored jeep. We had a talk and I told him he would be seeing a lot more of these and I explained what it was and the rest of it.
Now it is fully plated, large plate, and I am good to go on any highway.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If anyone has managed to get large Arizona plates, please share how you got it done.

We are lucky in AZ that we can have the Roxor as a daily driver.
Other states allow SxS only on roads if it is within city limits.
Other states again let you take the Roxor through a DMV inspection to get a VIN, new title, and big plates.
AZ has three levels of inspections. Problem is that there are 0 appointments available for months. It's not as easy as just stopping by and asking an inspector what it takes.

@plumbstraight: you're large plates ar not from AZ, I take it.

Never been stopped in AZ for driving with small plates.

Tokarev

If anyone has managed to get large Arizona plates, please share how you got it done.

Never been stopped in AZ for driving with small plates.

Now it is fully plated, large plate, and I am good to go on any highway.

Curious about large plate as well.

Also (probably not a concern unless you live in Phoenix or Tucson) doesn't the large plate mean annual emissions inspection?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, large plate means annual emission inspection if the vehicle is 1967 or newer.
Only if you live in the emissions areas of the state. Maricopa County, Pima County and the small portion of Yavapai County in Wickenburg and Black Canyon City.