IMG_0694.jpeg
IMG_5934.jpeg

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What happened to your old one
I still have it. I got messed up in Iraq, and I don’t drive on highways or full size vehicles because of my eyes. My Polaris ranger has over 16k miles and my 2018 Roxor is almost at 30k, I was going to get a new ranger, but they are so expensive. A place a couple hours from here is having a sale on the 2023’s, it was only 16,999. My other one has a hard cab on it and a heater, so it’ll be my winter /rainy day one and the new one will be my warm weather one.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I do have a question for you gentlemen, I read your posts all the time, and I know you have an original one like my 2018, but I just printed out the manual for my 2023, and it says the transmission/transfer case uses GL5 fluid, not GL4 like the original ones. Does anyone know if this is correct or a mistake?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
GL5 is just the newest spec out and supersedes GL4, but is backwards compatible. You could use GL4, but why. You can buy GL5 at Walmart and it might soon be difficult to find GL4 now that GL5 is more common. If you already have GL4 in your garage, you can use it to depletion.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s the same trans and t case as early models. Don’t use gl-5 unless the bottle specifically states it’s safe for yellow metals. Gl-5 uses sulfur and That will eat the brass synchros and bushings in the trans and t case. I just order a gl-4 from summit and keep it on hand as most stores won’t have it stock or in enough quantities for an oil change.