ooooooooooo

My Bilstein Shock review.

B

Bister

So the Shocks just came in, and they are different. Bister you were correct(again (y)) There is about a 1 3/4" difference. I will put the shorter ones in back. I will also update when I am done with a before and after picture. Hopefully later today.

View attachment 7329 View attachment 7330 View attachment 7331 View attachment 7332 View attachment 7333
Mine are all the longer front ones. Not sure if somewhere along the lines someone screwed up or they changed things. I'm good with them the way they are, not going to lose any sleep over it. I have bigger things to lose sleep over.

Glad you got the new set.

Boxkicker50

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just bought the Ranchos from Wade at Diesel Freak. Can't beat the price and I don't think the bilsteins are going to be that much better for almost twice the cost.
Where did you find them on the website? I'm not having any luck. How did they work out for you?

Captain

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where did you find them on the website? I'm not having any luck. How did they work out for you?

Looks like they are under the "ROXOR ENGINE & DRIVELINE PARTS" category.

Really curious how folks like the Ranchos (vs. the Bilsteins).

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I have had the Rancho shocks for a couple of weeks now and feel comfortable giving my impressions now.

First: The ride is noticeably softer on road which I believe is do to the hydro-shocks in the rear. I will say I am disappointed these aren't gas shocks but they do work well offroad.

Second: the Ranchos offroad are demonstrably better offroad do much so my wife mentioned how much better it seemed to feel. I have increased the air pressure in my tires because the suspension handles much better. I would drop the air pressure to 18 psi with the stock shocks, now I'm at 23 psi and might keep them 25 to see. I've put a few hundred miles offroad on them.

I can't compare these to the Bilsteins but I'm guessing that they don't perform 2x as good as these but cost roughly twice as much. Wish I could compare side by side to appreciate the difference.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone found out what the part numbers are for the Rancho shocks are For the Roxor? The shipping costs at DF is crazy.
I can’t wait to order and see how much they charge to ship to Alaska! If they even ship here

wpatter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any update on the Rancho Shocks? I'm getting reach to swap the OEM ones out with about 450 miles on them.

alagree1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ooo647
Its about $289 bucks for Rancho Shocks at Diesel Freak, I think that was shipping included in that price. Call them they will cut you a break on shipping. My Roxor rides better on the Rancho's.

EliRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the kybs and a 3 inch lift. Anyone know if the kybs or bilsteins are better?

I just replaced the stock shocks on my 2020 factory lift with Bilsteins and certainly noticed a difference, particularly on washboard-type gravel roads. Overall the ride is significantly smoother. I spend 95% of the time off-road with it and would certainly recommend the swap.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They quit selling them. They used to be available at DF. Really any new shocks will be better than what your rox came with

Last edited:

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Having trouble finding these online. Did you order them direct from bilstein?
For what it's worth, I ended up going with Duralast P/N TS34-30953B shocks after I installed the Rough Country 2.5" lift. Ive been very happy with them. They are for the rear on a 2003 Nissan Frontier for reference.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wonder if you can find them under the part# on Amazon.
AutoZone has them for $41.99 each.
I looked with the Duralast part number and didn't find anything on Amazon. However, I searched for 2003 Nissan Frontier rear shocks and found a lot of options. I can't remember exactly how the extended/compressed length specs matched up but I remember being satisfied that they were a good match. They have worked great for me.

Cobra1six

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
AutoZone has them for $41.99 each.
I looked with the Duralast part number and didn't find anything on Amazon. However, I searched for 2003 Nissan Frontier rear shocks and found a lot of options. I can't remember exactly how the extended/compressed length specs matched up but I remember being satisfied that they were a good match. They have worked great for me.
I used the duralast shocks and MAN what a difference. Rides sooo much better

IMG_5796.jpeg IMG_5797.jpeg IMG_5798.jpeg