ooooooooooo

My Bilstein Shock review.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All I know is these new shocks are pretty darn stiff. Had to wrap them with a ratchet strap to compress them to proper length.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but here is what Sherwood Tractor sent me today. I should receive my new shocks within a week, I will post how it goes. Part number is Shock - Bilstein P/N-0403AAA03991N for all 4 shocks.

Attachments

• Bilstein_Shocks_Install_Guide.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 422

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m using front# 33-186542. Rear 33-230443 ( slightly shorter). no need for a new brake line on the rear. Lift springs from McVeighs truck springs..

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m using front# 33-186542. Rear 33-230443 ( slightly shorter). no need for a new brake line on the rear. Lift springs from McVeighs truck springs..
I asked them about that when I ordered them, all 4 shocks have the same #. Seems simple and straight forward, any surprises waiting for me?

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I asked them about that when I ordered them, all 4 shocks have the same #. Seems simple and straight forward, any surprises waiting for me?
Yes you need to check the rear. If the shock is too long you’ll bottom to shock out when you hit a big bump. The shock I’m using gives me the same travel both up and down with the lifted vehicle

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, I should be in good shape then right? no lift on mine. just a slight bit taller tire.

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So, I should be in good shape then right? no lift on mine. just a slight bit taller tire.
I’m not sure on yours. Check full extension, ride height then check specs of new parts against your old shocks. Bilstein has all the specs on line. You need to make sure you have enough compression travel as well as full extension for when the wheels come off the ground.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Will do. Thanks Bogger, I will post a reply once I complete the upgrade.

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
34281B15-61A4-423C-BFED-8DA9A9AACB9E.png

34281B15-61A4-423C-BFED-8DA9A9AACB9E.png

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Perfect, saved me some time and potential hassle! Thank you.

B

Bister

I’m not sure on yours. Check full extension, ride height then check specs of new parts against your old shocks. Bilstein has all the specs on line. You need to make sure you have enough compression travel as well as full extension for when the wheels come off the ground.
The Roxor shocks won't be in that list, I believe they are specific to Roxor so you won't be matching up any numbers there. The new kits apparently have 2 different sets of shocks and the short ones go in the back.

B

Bister

Perfect, saved me some time and potential hassle! Thank you.
If all your shocks are the same numbers as you say, it's straight forward. If they are different, the short shocks go in the back. They changed something again along the way. Mine are all the same.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good info thank you. The invoice I got from the supplier says they are all the same, we will see when they get here.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So the Shocks just came in, and they are different. Bister you were correct(again (y)) There is about a 1 3/4" difference. I will put the shorter ones in back. I will also update when I am done with a before and after picture. Hopefully later today.

s1.jpg s2.jpg s3.jpg s4.jpg s5.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well easy switch out, took less then an hour, with my pinched nerves in my back. The old ones weren't doing anything, they weren't even compressing or extending at all, no throw in them, as you can see in the picture.

0826201951_HDR.jpg 0826201951.jpg 0826201852a.jpg

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is that for a lifted Roxor or the stock height? I put the 2 inch level springs on the front. I would like to replace the shocks! I'm assuming I can get away with the bilstein rears (if you can buy them separately).
Numbers I gave are for a lifted roxor