ooooooooooo

Mods

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello,
I'm new to the Roxor world. I'm planning on doing an egr delete, adding an egt gauge, boost gauge, new exhaust, cat delete pipe, and an ecu flash. Any thoughts? I was also told to add an intercooler. I'd love some feed back and suggestions.
Thanks,
Chris

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
for the EGR delete, type into the search box “EGR Delete Done” and read the whole thread. After those 9 pages, you will be an EGR delete subject matter expert. As for the other stuff, the only pink slip racing youll be doing are other Roxors!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Lol, I wanted to do this for more off road, not speed. Are they still a good move or waste of time and $$$

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It's an awesome little turbo diesel. It isn't a SBC. IMO it's the perfect powerplant for a 1/4Ton runabout, but a stop light to stop light fuel pumper it is not.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's an awesome little turbo diesel. It isn't a SBC. IMO it's the perfect powerplant for a 1/4Ton runabout, but a stop light to stop light fuel pumper it is not.
Thanks for the reply, what is a SBC or IMO? I am just trying to maximize the potential without breaking my bank. I just took it in for service, they said they have to replace the entire rear end because they installed the Spartan lockers wrong. Ever hear of that before?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
SBC = Small Block Chevy aka "V8"
IMO = In My Opinion

Installing a locker incorrectly, then driving on it, sure I can see it being mangled. I've rebuilt some axles, and the wear in process is very intense for the setup. If it's not done right, it's not that different from an engine break in. You can really mangle it in short order.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got it, I have a SBC in my apache! Yeah, they said it was their error, they forgot to put a spacer in. They were very stand up about it.
Thank you for the advice, what's your take on the ecu flash

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMO the flash is very worth it for speed limit removal and EGR delete. The power difference is noticeable, but that was not my goal in doing it.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What was your goal for the flash? I'm hoping to be able to get everything done for Easter jeep safari in Moab.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What was your goal for the flash? I'm hoping to be able to get everything done for Easter jeep safari in Moab.
I was thinking of attending jeep safari myself. It would be cool to see a few Roxors there. I know mid May I will be in Moab for sure.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Speed limiter removal and EGR disable.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Same here. I heard Roxor is gonna recall all units and raise the limit to 55 very soon. As for Moab it is not this year and an absolute blast to go. These are my rigs.

20190224_112706.jpg

B

Bister

Same here. I heard Roxor is gonna recall all units and raise the limit to 55 very soon. As for Moab it is not this year and an absolute blast to go. These are my rigs.

View attachment 3307

I hope they do, this 45 suck, but I wonder how they are going to do that. The dealers can't flash the ECU. Unless they have some new equipment going to the dealers so they can. If they do raise it, that would save me from getting a tune.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I spoke to the head service tech at the dealer near my house and he said they will do it in house, probably by appt like a recall. Hopefully, they will boost the ftlbs of torque also.

B

Bister

I spoke to the head service tech at the dealer near my house and he said they will do it in house, probably by appt like a recall. Hopefully, they will boost the ftlbs of torque also.
They must be sending them some hardware to do it then.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Or, maybe they are sending out updated ECU's, the old ones are then removed and sent back to Mahindra on an exchange basis. It would be simpler than training dealers on how to use the re-flash equipment, plus the cost of equipment that may not be very useful to the dealer afterwards. The reflashed/exchanged units could have all the latest updates, including speed sensor disconnect causing "limp" mode.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

View attachment 3307
I emailed Mahindra and asked what my options were regarding the 45mph speed limit. How I could raise it to 55mph and keep my warranty. Tey said I had no options....

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Roxasuras, I sure hope you're right.