ooooooooooo

Michigan street legal

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone know if one must be a Michigan resident to register a vehicle there?
Also, does anyone know if someone from the State DMV comes out to instal a VIN medallion once the vehicle is titled/registered?
Thanks!
Exploring my options.

bassguy354

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A non-resident can register a vehicle in Michigan. However getting a Roxor registered for the road is a much more involved process. The Roxor must be physically inspected by a “Michigan police officer” as one of the steps in the process. The final step is an agent of the Michigan SOS physically applying a new VIN to the Roxor. A new title is issued & the original off-road only title is retired. In addition to the physical inspections, you need to make in-person visits to a Secretary of State office to complete some of the paperwork. The entire process takes quite a while. Mine took from April to August in 2019. Wade at Diesel Freak in Gaylord, MI might be able to give you some more helpful information. It would probably be worth giving Diesel Freak a call & asking. Good luck!

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the info. What kind of fees are involved with this process? Also the VIN that is assigned, is that physically applied by the SOS agent and if so what material do they use? Standard VIN plate or a sticker similar to Mahindra serial number decal?

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I remember correctly from another member, it's a sticker. They don't do the metal plate with the rosette rivets or anything. I believe that the fee's are pretty negligible compared to the time involved with having it inspected etc.

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went through this process but I live in Michigan. When I was doing this I was in contact with another member who lived in Indiana. He got his registered and titled but he did have a michigan address I belive he did all the leg work himself. The process is not terrribly complicated. It just takes a long time. When I had everything that was needed to make the Roxor street legal I called the local sheriffs dept. They sent a Deputy out and he did a safety check. He gave me the form and I took that to the local Secretary of state office. They sent it in to the state Capitol (Lansing). After it went through the bureaucracy they sent out an inspector. He double checked that I was fully equiped to be street leagal. He then placed the new Vin sticker on the firewall. He put it right next to the Mahindra vin. This inspector was a retired state police officer really nice guy. He had done a bunch of Roxors and really liked them. So not complicated just takes time. One other thing if you have a loan on your Roxor you will need a release form from your bank. You are changing the vin and they want to know what the new vin is.

doschewy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Finally got my Roxor road legal in Michigan. It’s going to be nice to not take back the roads anymore when you need to get somewhere

doschewy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Went for a 230 mile rider in lower Michigan today all on MDOT roads and got few thumbs up and people taking pictures when we stopped