ooooooooooo

Locker Review

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I thought I would share my thoughts on a Locker.
First off I had a Torque Locker installed in the rear end of my 2024 Roxor. I drive the Roxor on Trails, Gravel Roads, Black Top Roads, as well as in Town on nice asphalt streets quite a bit. What I have observed is that a locker works well in Fields, and on Dirt and Gravel. Places where you have a little more give in the driving surface. The Locker is not for driving in town on Asphalt. In Town you can manage to coast around some corners with the the Locker going Clickity Click. The issue is when you need to make a turn under power. You will get a very annoying Bang Sound I am sure caused by the locker jumping cogs while locked up. I thought it would break in, and stop making the noise. WRONG.

Well due to the Axle Spacer dropping out while installing the Locker. I ended up with the Roxor back in the shop with a Wheel Bearing out. The mechanic decided that all the Rear End Bearings needed changed. All new Timken Bearings are presently on order from Torque King. I am having the Locker removed while putting new bearings in the rear end. I wish that I had figured this out before spending Hundreds of Dollars on the install.
My advice is, if you drive in Town on Asphalt much at all, skip adding a locker.

Bob R