ooooooooooo

Locker or no Locker

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just got my Roxor and I have two Spartan Lunchbox Lockers for it. I could not find anything else other than the Spartans. I love how maneuverable the Roxor is and I am having second thoughts about installing the Spartans. I will do no Rock Crawling but I will occasionally get in the Mud. Most driving will be on the road. What are your thoughts and do you have Spartans?

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i have them in the rear. they work great offroad. until they break in. they will make the roxor pull to one side or the other when shifting on road. the turning radius is much larger in the dirt though.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
i have them in the rear. they work great offroad. until they break in. they will make the roxor pull to one side or the other when shifting on road. the turning radius is much larger in the dirt though.
From your post I can not tell if you recommend the Locker or not? Please explain more.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have both front and rear lockers. I cant recommend putting a locker n the front unless you install locking hubs in front. I did and mine drives across snow and ice

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Before making mods, you could check out the Roxor's capabilites in whatever state you have it now.

I'm not sure how much lockers help in mud. If there's nothing for the tires to grip, there's nothing for the tires to grip. The lockers may, however, give you enough traction to get you farther down the road and stuck more (e.g. get you places you should have avoided).
I've had my tractor stuck with all four wheel locked and slowly spinning. I've had my truck stuck with all four wheels locked and dug in to the axles. I've seen tanks, Bradleys, and APCs stuck in mud that needed to be recovered.

The Roxor is more fun when driven than when sitting in the shop.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Judging by your intended use put one in the front and also install some lockout hubs. This way you have traction off-road and in the front it will help with climbs and ledges. And your onroad manners will be unchanged If you put one in the rear you will have some quirky handling characteristics on the road. Nothing that can’t be dealt with but it will drive different than now. By only installing in the front you won’t notice anything different on the road and off road you’ll have more traction via the locked front end.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Grew up with a 42 ford military. Dad always chained up the front because of the weight up there. I remember sis and I sitting on the hood with feet on the bumper to give a bit more weight. One hunting season there were a couple cj5's in the party. they were trying to get a bull up out of a canyon. We threw the bull across the hood and drove it up and out of there. CJ were foundering.