ooooooooooo

Legal on Hatfield McCoy Trails

bighefbanshee

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey guys thinking really hard about buying a 2018. The biggest question I have are these legal to ride on the Hatfield trail system? I have looked at Spearheads rules and it stated “no ROXORS”. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys thinking really hard about buying a 2018. The biggest question I have are these legal to ride on the Hatfield trail system? I have looked at Spearheads rules and it stated “no ROXORS”. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Look at the HM Bear Wallow Trail in Logan, allows use of OHV's, believe it is the only HM trail to do so.

bighefbanshee

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Look at the HM Bear Wallow Trail in Logan, allows use of OHV's, believe it is the only HM trail to do so.

I’m going to call tomorrow and hopefully put an end to the mystery. Their rules right now say a steering wheel and low pressure tires are all a UTV needs. Is your post based on an experience of running into a ranger? I hope they allow them I want one bad, but am locked between can’t ride them on the road, cant ride them in the national forest, can’t ride them on the trails, and my yard isn’t challenging enough, lol. Fingers are crossed.

Thanks.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Worst case you buy a Mahindra tractor and implements along with a roxor and fix your yard

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m going to call tomorrow and hopefully put an end to the mystery. Their rules right now say a steering wheel and low pressure tires are all a UTV needs. Is your post based on an experience of running into a ranger? I hope they allow them I want one bad, but am locked between can’t ride them on the road, cant ride them in the national forest, can’t ride them on the trails, and my yard isn’t challenging enough, lol. Fingers are crossed.

Thanks.
Please post what you find. I have no experience with rangers, but had been researching and reading HM general and OHV specific rules to answer the very same question about using the Roxor, and Bear Wallow appears to be the only trail in the bunch that allows OHV jeeps/4X4’s.

bighefbanshee

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Good news guys, I spoke with the regional DNR sergeant over policing the Hatfield McCoy trails and he stated that as long as it has low pressure tires, "less than 20 psi" they have no problem with it on any of the trails. He was a really nice guy and stated to text him a picture of it out in its element when I get out there with it. I figured that was the case, I mean if a 4 seat can am x3 XRS (big as a chevy suburban) is legal, how can a little ole Roxor not be. So it looks like a may be an owner soon, I will let you all know. Thanks again.