ooooooooooo

KMS tune

Paria Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A quick question for anyone that has done a Stage 2 tune from KMS. What’s the top speed you’ve been able to attain on flat ground? I knew going in it was a mild tune but I am only able to get 63mph on flat road with go pedal mashed to the floor. With all the tourists around here, gets a little scary!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A quick question for anyone that has done a Stage 2 tune from KMS. What’s the top speed you’ve been able to attain on flat ground? I knew going in it was a mild tune but I am only able to get 63mph on flat road with go pedal mashed to the floor. With all the tourists around here, gets a little scary!

Well I got the stage 1 tune from vivid. They gave me special holiday pricing at the time. I usually drive it 60-65 and I could go faster but I don't like to rev the engine past 2100 rpm. Like I said I could easily go 70 but I won't. Keep in mind this vehicle doesn't have air bags so if you crash it going fast you're likely not going to make it out alive. Lastly, if you tune the engine too high your going to reduce the life span.

Paria Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree with you about high speed travel in these rigs . I live in a very rural area and 99% of my driving is probably 10-20 mph range, all dirt roads. Every so often I do need to jump out onto the highway for a few miles to get to the next dirt road. Would just be nice to have enough pedal to keep from getting run over by a tour bus. From the hp/ torque numbersadvertised on this tune I could tell the stage 2 tune from KMS was lower than the stage 1 from vivid. Have been very happy with the other aspects of this tune. Has increased low end noticeably, EGR deleted, speed limiter removed, and I have a spare ECU. Everything as advertised. I guess its more geared to off-roading which makes perfect sense. Still just wish they was a little more on the top end

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree with you about high speed travel in these rigs . I live in a very rural area and 99% of my driving is probably 10-20 mph range, all dirt roads. Every so often I do need to jump out onto the highway for a few miles to get to the next dirt road. Would just be nice to have enough pedal to keep from getting run over by a tour bus. From the hp/ torque numbersadvertised on this tune I could tell the stage 2 tune from KMS was lower than the stage 1 from vivid. Have been very happy with the other aspects of this tune. Has increased low end noticeably, EGR deleted, speed limiter removed, and I have a spare ECU. Everything as advertised. I guess its more geared to off-roading which makes perfect sense. Still just wish they was a little more on the top end

Vivid can do all those extras too. The tune improved performance across the board and I'm not overheating anything.

928dennis

You are right about Hwy89, I just moved from Greenhaven Az just down from you. It is nuts out there now days, so many of them are from Calif and just can't slow them self's down enough to enjoy the awesome country out there.

Paria Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You are right about Hwy89, I just moved from Greenhaven Az just down from you. It is nuts out there now days, so many of them are from Calif and just can't slow them self's down enough to enjoy the awesome country out there.
Yes indeed. The last 5-10 year it’s gotten crazy. Even in my Dodge truck, I have a near death experience nearly every trip!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Been running kms for several months. 65 the highest I’ve been. Sure I could get more. Feel more comfortable around 55-60.

Paria Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks everyone for the replies! Have a better idea now of what to expect performance wise from the different tunes. Think I’ll roll with what I have for now while still breaking in and on warranty. May step it up some later . Either way, I do love this machine!

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone done the stage 3 KMS Tuning? Would like some feedback how it starts and if it blows smoke etc...