ooooooooooo

JUST HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN MAKING ROXORS?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Looks to me Mahindra has been building this same exact vehicles down to the running boards since the 90's. So why cant we get real fold down windshields and such from Mahindra? LOL Even a flip out windshield like Fortress makes. LOL. Gas fill, everything.

BDRAG

MM550.jpgMM550 XD.jpg
1022860d1354721486-mm550-xd-ngcs-war-horse-img_0668.jpg

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They have been making these for a long long long time in India under the name Mahindra Thar, same vehicle.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Well that explains how they can build, ship, assemble here and sell to a dealer and still make their 20-30% mark up. lol.

BDRAG

So why cant we get real fold down windshields and such from Mahindra?
BDRAG
That's a good point BDRAG! It seems that a lot more parts than the windshield can be of interest.
It remains that these parts find their way from India to Roxor owner's garage on the best possible terms.

1.jpgOpenable Windshield.JPG30.JPGMahindra Thar DI WS Frame.jpg

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Ccoombes

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We have a windshield assembly with glass and all hardware coming from India right now. It’s somewhere on a ship and will post pics once we have them ready for sale.
I'm interested in one. Also want B pillar and doors to go with it.

Also want B pillar and doors to go with it.
I think that the B pillar is exactly the key part one needs to make sure all OEM parts fit.
Otherwise, I 'm afraid, we'll have to improvise, with the bows etc...

Last edited:

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think that the B pillar is exactly the key part one needs to make all OEM parts fit. Otherwise we have to improvise, with the bows etc...
I need to find out if that B pillar comes in 3 segments. If it’s just one solid assembly it won’t make sense to import it due to the cost of freight alone. My cost for freight for the windshield assembly with glass and hinges was $300 USD + I’m sure I will get hit with customs charges once it lands.

Bhayarock

I need to find out if that B pillar comes in 3 segments. If it’s just one solid assembly it won’t make sense to import it due to the cost of freight alone. My cost for freight for the windshield assembly with glass and hinges was $300 USD + I’m sure I will get hit with customs charges once it lands.
Not sure about thar but my old MM540 DP had the pillar in three segments. 2 plates to bolt on the side pillars to the body and 1 top bar to connect the pillars.
2011-10-07 11.49.43.jpg

Attaching below image to show the joints for top bar with pillars courtesy team bhp
Never thought I'd build a Jeep! My MM540 story - Team-BHP

20190504_222322.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about thar but my old MM540 DP had the pillar in three segments. 2 plates to bolt on the side pillars to the body and 1 top bar to connec the pillars. t
Great news mate!:)
Now, I believe, everything is doable.
PS. Is this pic of your awesome looking MM540 taken in India or in the US?

Bhayarock

Great news mate!:)
Now, I believe, everything is doable.
PS. Is this pic of your awesome looking MM540 taken in India or in the US?

Thanks, it's taken in India ( In India we dream of jeep wrangler and in here we dream of Roxors ..funny) , I reside in Utah, but I go back every year. Hopefully this year when I go there, I'll get some frequently asked questions answered with respect to body of MM540 (that's the only thing common to roxor). In my opinion the old MM540 is more beefier ( in terms of sheet metal) than a thar or roxor.

Thanks, it's taken in India ( In India we dream of jeep wrangler and in here we dream of Roxors ..funny) , I reside in Utah, but I go back every year. Hopefully this year when I go there, I'll get some frequently asked questions answered with respect to body of MM540 (that's the only thing common to roxor). In my opinion the old MM540 is more beefier ( in terms of sheet metal) than a thar or roxor.

Oh! A mate from India, fantastic!
I follow from time to time the Indian site https://www.team-bhp.com , one learns there so much about the Mahindra jeeps (even built under licence they are, like those of Mitsubishi, jeeps)!

Nice that you live in Utah. Apart from the mild climate, which I guess is ideal for outdoors activities, you have the opportunity to meet with Roxasuras and, perhaps, with other members of our community living there!

Bhayarock

Hello Behayarock, where in Utah?
I live in Taylorsville (Salt Lake County) and I love Utah, it is a nature's Paradise.. you get greatest snow (powdered), you get the warmest summers, the beautiful spring, amazing fall colors, some of the world's greatest national parks :D, and last but not the least the nice people always with a big smile.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I live in Bountiful, very close. I agree 100% on the parks, seasons, and national parks, very nice people.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We have a windshield assembly with glass and all hardware coming from India right now. It’s somewhere on a ship and will post pics once we have them ready for sale.
Put me on your list for a windshield assembly please