ooooooooooo

Just Got the OX Lockers Installed

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Having a heck of a time finding an outside vendor to sell Ox. Seems Roxor has exclusive right to sell Ox. Help??

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I Put the ox manual locker on the front and it works awesome! Don't know if i'll do the rear since it;s doing what i wanted. I had a Sparten on the front...anybody body wants one, i'll give it to you cheap!

Durdinfarm

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I Put the ox manual locker on the front and it works awesome! Don't know if i'll do the rear since it;s doing what i wanted. I had a Sparten on the front...anybody body wants one, i'll give it to you cheap!
Looking at adding lunch box lockers. what was the disappointment with the spartan. man its a mine field tying to figure what to do roxer will be used in far west texas fall of the year then at the farm in east texas the rest.
Thanks Carl

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looking at adding lunch box lockers. what was the disappointment with the spartan. man its a mine field tying to figure what to do roxer will be used in far west texas fall of the year then at the farm in east texas the rest.
Thanks Carl
Carl, The Sparten worked, but it drove me crazy with the real hard mechanical engagement/disengagement. Feels and sounds like the axle is twisting off with loud clunks and BANGS! On curves, especially asphalt, it will would yank the steering over and about pull you off the road. Driving got to be a workout. Everybody i talked to and read about say this normal. In silt, sand and the desert mountains i drive in it did work, but i'm glad i switched to the Ox with manual engagement, works awesome. Ox is more expensive, but i guarantee you will be glad you went with it. Good luck!

B

Bister

I have the Spartan front and rear. I think if I was to do it again, I would do the Spartan in the back because I like that it is just there and it is cheaper, but works good. I hear some clicking and popping but the convenience of it just being there is nice. The front is another story. It makes it hard to steer and its a pain of locking and unlocking hubs. I think putting an OX in the front and spartan in the rear would work for me. Then when I get into the valley or if I know where I am going I can engage the hubs and do the rest from the drivers seat as needed - 4wd or full lock and when I hit the road, I can leave the hubs engaged till I get home etc, it's 4 miles; they can stay engaged for that long, they do it without hubs. lol

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the Spartan front and rear. I think if I was to do it again, I would do the Spartan in the back because I like that it is just there and it is cheaper, but works good. I hear some clicking and popping but the convenience of it just being there is nice. The front is another story. It makes it hard to steer and its a pain of locking and unlocking hubs. I think putting an OX in the front and spartan in the rear would work for me. Then when I get into the valley or if I know where I am going I can engage the hubs and do the rest from the drivers seat as needed - 4wd or full lock and when I hit the road, I can leave the hubs engaged till I get home etc, it's 4 miles; they can stay engaged for that long, they do it without hubs. lol
If i put one on the rear, I'll bite the bullet, spend the money and go with the Ox, But it would be interesting to know how yours worked out with the half and half.

B

Bister

If i put one on the rear, I'll bite the bullet, spend the money and go with the Ox, But it would be interesting to know how yours worked out with the half and half.
Now that I have changed the front one out, I love it. I have my steering back when I have it in 4x4. I really like the spartan in the back. So man times I am in 2x4 and come to a wet hill or greasy spot and I don't stop to engage 4x4 or a locker and I usually make it through. Now that I have the OX up front, it's like driving my old Rhino or Grizzly; 3x4 with steering until I need full lock, then I hit a button; get through the tough spot and get my steering back. Now remember I am basically driving around a trails in a pasture valley, I am not rock crawling or mudding.

MAVROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Now that I have changed the front one out, I love it. I have my steering back when I have it in 4x4. I really like the spartan in the back. So man times I am in 2x4 and come to a wet hill or greasy spot and I don't stop to engage 4x4 or a locker and I usually make it through. Now that I have the OX up front, it's like driving my old Rhino or Grizzly; 3x4 with steering until I need full lock, then I hit a button; get through the tough spot and get my steering back. Now remember I am basically driving around a trails in a pasture valley, I am not rock crawling or mudding.
I went ahead and put the ox on both. Best thing i could have done. It will go anywhere. Glad your set up is working for you.

B

Bister

I went ahead and put the ox on both. Best thing i could have done. It will go anywhere. Glad your set up is working for you.
Yeah, OX front and back would be the absolute best for sure. I could definitely just engage the back as soon as I hit my trails and stay in 2x4 and it would act like my Spartan. I can feel the Spartan pushing me straight on pavement . I only have a mile into town. I wouldn't want a Spartan in the back if I was a "Road Roxor", I'm not. Best thing I did was removing the Spartan from the front, should have done the OX in the first place. In my opinion, the back would be the one you could pick and choose which one you want, but definitely OX only in the front, but that is just my limited opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
put an OX locker in the rear of 2019 ROXOR,( 3.73 gears 19 spline) I love it. Manual shift the way to go. no electrical switches,
solenoid, no air compressor with electrical running to the compressor and more switches, just plain simpler.
Put it in the rear all your weight is in the rear while climbing, just works better. My Roxor is pretty much stock
climbs all the rocks and Trails in southern AZ. Happy with this little critter....Tucson Area....

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
put an OX locker in the rear of 2019 ROXOR,( 3.73 gears 19 spline) I love it. Manual shift the way to go. no electrical switches,
solenoid, no air compressor with electrical running to the compressor and more switches, just plain simpler.
Put it in the rear all your weight is in the rear while climbing, just works better. My Roxor is pretty much stock
climbs all the rocks and Trails in southern AZ. Happy with this little critter....Tucson Area....
Very nice!

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ordered mine from the OX Locker company....helped me with the cable size and with whole kit needed to install the locker.
took it to a local company that specializes in 4x4 diff work. they did the work, had ever everything they needed for the install.
I wanted to know if the differential was actually a Dana 44. Yes it is. You have to buy an high dollar Jeep to get a 44 anymore.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good to know. I am strongly considering the OX setup, could I ask the name of the local shop you used for the install? Would really like to use someone with experience with a Roxor even if it mirrors a dana44

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Tucson Differential.did a great job. my Roxor was he first one they had seen. Like I said, the folks at OX
helped with cable size, install kit. everything you need to complete the install. Tucson Diff did a great job
and had a ton of questions about the Roxor. they were very impressed with the Roxor.
a lot of the places I go I just lock the rear end and I am good to go.....love the OX

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is why I love forums. I had no idea manually selectable lockers are a thing. That's way better than a lunchbox and manual hubs, although manual front hubs would still be pretty great.