ooooooooooo

Is Mahindra in trouble?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Just look at it as if it was a Minions. Its a Roxor with goggles on. Lol. Or this one.

BDRAG

1603969507609.png 1603969597286.png

B

Bister

I still say that the AutoCad drawing of the 2021 Roxor is more a concept to get it passed by the ITC. Check out the last comment on this Facebook post.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 6.31.53 PM.png

Tokarev

I still say that the AutoCad drawing of the 2021 Roxor is more a concept to get it passed by the ITC. Check out the last comment on this Facebook post.

View attachment 7974
I can't see MANA selling the thing as drawn. It looks like the groove and crevice nozzle on my shop vac.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They also bought the Yugo, with the spare tire on top of that massive HP motor.

Bhayarock

Don't want to stir up the hornets nest by posting an unconfirmed rumor. But this is a lose talk and an opinion, so in the most recent financial review Mahindra shutdown Gips aero in Australia and they have held up all new/ exisitng investments in North America, which means we won't see the new roxor anytime soon. I dont think they will be able to ramp up soon as they furloughed a lot of essential assembly line workers. Heck Mr. Maki works for Navistar (good for him).. but I'm just saying the inevitable. Ofcourse I could be totally wrong, but so far logically, ITC approval or not mahindra is not in a shape to ramp up and rollout new roxors. 2021 roxor for sure not in 2020 or maybe before late 2021..

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don't want to stir up the hornets nest by posting an unconfirmed rumor. But this is a lose talk and an opinion, so in the most recent financial review Mahindra shutdown Gips aero in Australia and they have held up all new/ exisitng investments in North America, which means we won't see the new roxor anytime soon. I dont think they will be able to ramp up soon as they furloughed a lot of essential assembly line workers. Heck Mr. Maki works for Navistar (good for him).. but I'm just saying the inevitable. Ofcourse I could be totally wrong, but so far logically, ITC approval or not mahindra is not in a shape to ramp up and rollout new roxors. 2021 roxor for sure not in 2020 or maybe before late 2021..
Interesting!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your assement on the new model roll out jives with a recent Facebook comment my dealer left on one of their posts replying to someone. They are claiming the 2021s will be out in August. if so I wonder if there will be no 21s and go straight to 22’s. Who knows but what is certain is there will be no new Roxors in the immediate future. It’s a long game at this point.

B

Bister

Your assement on the new model roll out jives with a recent Facebook comment my dealer left on one of their posts replying to someone. They are claiming the 2021s will be out in August. if so I wonder if there will be no 21s and go straight to 22’s. Who knows but what is certain is there will be no new Roxors in the immediate future. It’s a long game at this point.

I don't think the number they use on them or the model year is going to make a big difference. If they do stick around, the under pinnings will be the same for years to come I assume, the rest is just cosmetic. Function over fashion.

Tokarev

the under pinnings will be the same for years to come I assume,...

Can Mahindra afford to dedicate driveline manufacturing capabilities to a solid axle just to sell a couple thousand vehicles in North America when the parent market is now IFS?

I don't have any inside info--or outside info for that matter. But it seems to me, in the numbers of vehicles likely to be sold, it would be impractical to continue to make a vehicle based on a platform that's been discontinued.

It could be the case that Mahindra has several year's worth already in inventory.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I imagine the solid axles are all built from old tooling and depreciated out. It doesn’t cost them anything to build and produce so long as the machines still work. I bet they’ll crank them out till the machine breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokarev

I imagine the solid axles are all built from old tooling and depreciated out. It doesn’t cost them anything to build and produce so long as the machines still work. I bet they’ll crank them out till the machine breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I'm assuming Mahindra makes this stuff in house. Is that the case or are they purchased from India's version of Dana?

B

Bister

Can Mahindra afford to dedicate driveline manufacturing capabilities to a solid axle just to sell a couple thousand vehicles in North America when the parent market is now IFS?

I don't have any inside info--or outside info for that matter. But it seems to me, in the numbers of vehicles likely to be sold, it would be impractical to continue to make a vehicle based on a platform that's been discontinued.

It could be the case that Mahindra has several year's worth already in inventory.

If you crawl around your vehicle, you will see lots of stickers that say "Bolero" or "Thar", so lots of parts share vehicles, even if they are not still actively producing those vehicles in the same configuration, there are probably millions of them on the road that they will have to make parts for. But, I am guessing that they do. lol

Bhayarock

I guess I'm assuming Mahindra makes this stuff in house. Is that the case or are they purchased from India's version of Dana?

Most of the OEM driveline parts such as axles, hubs are in-house but they are derived from legacy Spicer products, but in india even if mahindra decides to stop producing the legacy components, many non oem third party vendors machine these parts as well. I dont see a problem with spares atleast in india for next 20 years, even if roxor is permanently killed; heck i even can get spares for my 30 year old mahindra mm540 (its just that will be non oem parts with sketchy quality).
So some one with business acumen either needs to make / fabricate these parts either in US or import from india. It all comes down to demand and supply to keep that business profitable.

Last edited:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mahindra just announced reviving BSA motorcycles as well as several total restyled car lines. Rumors abound , a deal with Harley Davidson has already happened as well. Our local HD has a large lot and now it’s full of Mahindra red tractors.. I bought a snow pusher for my Yanmar Tractor from them last month, best price around,they delivered same day to my house. Our local Roxor dealer has three units left on his lot,hard to notice with all the water sports and cargo trailers taking over sales. You gotta go with the flow these days,tractor sales are up around here big time ,times they are changing..........