ooooooooooo

Instrument Cluster delete

Gribbnator

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
First post got deleted so I am trying again-

I bought a 2018 and the Instrument cluster seems to have been destroyed (like hit with a hammer) and I have not had any luck finding a replacement, I was planning on replacing it with a a mechanical unit (LINK) and an OBD2 gauge to get everything else (LINK2) and I was wondering if I could avoid the "alternator wont charge without instrument cluster" issue by taking the wire that goes to the instrument cluster from the alternator and tying that to the switched 12v circuit from the Ignition to use as an exciter that wont drain the battery when off

Am I missing anything else? has anybody had any luck replacing the instrument cluster altogether?

thanks-

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On the Rox has done aftermarket replacement gauge clusters. I’d give them a call and ask them how they handled that issue.

Gribbnator

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On the Rox has done aftermarket replacement gauge clusters. I’d give them a call and ask them how they handled that issue.
I will give them a call now and ask

Gribbnator

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I spoke with the gentleman from on the Rox fab and he confirmed that you can entirely remove these instrument cluster as long as you provide switching 12v to the excitor wire that normally goes from the alternator to the OEM gauge

The engine hours and odometer information will be lost as they are included in the OEM gauges, but that is information that I never had when I bought it so I will be installing a mechanical aftermarket hours gauge, changing all of my fluids and filters and starting fresh from zero

If the website will allow me to post pictures I will do so when I finish the modifications

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes you can attach photos here. Please post some pics to document this as I don’t believe it’s been shared here.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
These aftermarket jeep parts vendors sell a replacement dash with glove box for a cj5 ,they are the same measurements as the roxor flat panel dash but these new ones have various holes for gauges and speedo as well.Looks like even the screw bolt holes are the same ...anyone tried one of these??