ooooooooooo

Manual Gauge Cluster

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got some great input from another member about the Diesel Freaks 3-piece manual gauge cluster/kit. I am reaching out to the broader community to see if anyone else has experience with this product.

How was the install? How have they been holding up? Did you use one of the two Diesel Freaks fabricated cluster mounts?

Thanks everyone.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got some great input from another member about the Diesel Freaks 3-piece manual gauge cluster/kit. I am reaching out to the broader community to see if anyone else has experience with this product.

How was the install? How have they been holding up? Did you use one of the two Diesel Freaks fabricated cluster mounts?

Thanks everyone.
Take a look a the "Temp Gauge Add-On" thread. Some good ideas and advice there. I started to go with the DF 3 Gauge Cluster Mount, but opted for a vertical line of gauges to the right of the speedo, instead, similar to that done by Togo in the aforementioned thread. To my eye, that in-dash arrangement made it look more "original" than some other "add-on" layouts. The DF mounts could offer the advantage of covering a sloppy hole, but are not must haves. Adding oil, water and volts gauges in the dash is not difficult. Roxor has plenty of space for a variety of gauge locations. For example, Chris Beyer made an interesting horizontal gauge arrangement behind the steering wheel in direct line-of-sight. Regardless of personal preference, it all starts with an accurate layout (using painter's tape, square and sharpie), getting centers right -- measure and remeasure some more. Avoid the 1 inch lip at the top of the dash panel and any electrical wires. The steel dash is surprisingly stout. Suggest predrilling 1/4 inch pilot holes for the 2 1/16 inch hole saw. It may prove easier to begin with a small hole and increase bit sizes from there. A saw with appropriate, sharp teeth for bi-metal use is important to keep from wandering. Slow speed drilling helps; it's not a race. Carefully clean hole edges with round file and sandpaper. Prime and touch up raw metal with rustoleum black, as preferred. The DF Speedo and 3 Gauge Cluster Combo looks nice, but involves a bit more expense an time in dash cutting. When wiring the gauge lights, separately combine the positive leads and negative leads to minimize wire spaghetti. As many have noted, ditch the plastic oil pressure tubing and go with copper or metal. Use teflon tape or dope on threads where leakage is a consideration. DF offers oil and water adapters for metric to NPT/UNF threads. Quality gauges (like Auto Meter, et al) are simple and reliable. Imo, they are a useful improvement for Roxor and money well spent.