ooooooooooo

I'm New And Seriously Looking Into ROXOR

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi Everyone,

My name is James. My claim to fame is I used to cycle professionally and now I'm even training my son for a tour next summer.

After my wife and I got married she got an opportunity to do her internship in East Africa for school. I came along and we worked there for 6 months. I got to drive the Toyota FJ60's which are really popular there. These machines were the most long lived because they featured a strong 6 cylinder diesel, solid front and rear axles, and heavy duty leaf springs that were bigger than what you see on 1 ton trucks in the US. I really wanted to have one to drive here, but as we all know that's hopeless.

I just learned about the Roxor a couple months ago and got to test drive one yesterday. It was very reminiscent of the Landcruisers I used to drive and now I'm interested. To sell this to my wife I'd need to be able to use it for practical reasons in addition to off road adventures. Thus I won't have enough use for it unless I can drive it around town.

When I spoke to my dealer he said it is possible to register it and people are making all the accessories I'd need to get it approved for on-road use. Of course dealers are known for their ability to shovel horse manure in hopes of making a sale, so that's why I'm reaching out to all of you.

I'd love to hear if any of you are in Washington and find out if any of you have successfully got the Roxor approved for the road.

I have some more questions:

1) does the roxor have a cab heater?
2) Is anyone making a complete cab enclosure with soft doors.?
3) Is a rear bench seat with belts available?

Thanks and nice to meet all of you.

James

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Welcome James,
the roxor is an amazing vehicle and you should love it! I just took mine on a hundred and twenty mile round trip today, all of which was on County or State Road here in West Virginia. I got mine legalized for road use through dirt legal. give them a call and they'll be able to answer any questions you have about your particular State and jurisdiction. the short answer is almost definitely yes you can get it road legal if you don't mind shelling out a few extra clams to make it that way. Figure about $500 for the paperwork and at least another 300 for your blinkers and somewhere in the neighborhood of six or eight hundred for good dot Approved windshield. don't bother with the one from Mahindra. It's a giant piece of crap, way overpriced. I got my windshield through On the Rox fabrication and love it. they seem to have the most reasonable price out there as well because my windshield frame after shipping was about 600 and the glass with professional install RaN me another 145$ at my local auto glass shop. There are a lot of rear bench seat options out there, just about anything that fits a CJ7 we'll fit this rig as far as seats go. As far as soft cab enclosure, the only one I know of at the moment is direct from Mahindra for about 1400$ as far as cab heaters go I've heard at least a half-dozen people say they installed at least a half-dozen different options. from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any one favorite Cab heater being used by the Rox our community. hopefully somebody with a little more expertise than me can chime in on the cab heater, Because I would like to get one for my rig before winter as well.

Just Google dirt legal and read the testimonials, they speak truth!

Google on the rox fabrication for everything else, they are great as well.

Good luck buddy. Your gunna love it!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Welcome James,
the roxor is an amazing vehicle and you should love it! I just took mine on a hundred and twenty mile round trip today, all of which was on County or State Road here in West Virginia. I got mine legalized for road use through dirt legal. give them a call and they'll be able to answer any questions you have about your particular State and jurisdiction. the short answer is almost definitely yes you can get it road legal if you don't mind shelling out a few extra clams to make it that way. Figure about $500 for the paperwork and at least another 300 for your blinkers and somewhere in the neighborhood of six or eight hundred for good dot Approved windshield. don't bother with the one from Mahindra. It's a giant piece of crap, way overpriced. I got my windshield through On the Rox fabrication and love it. they seem to have the most reasonable price out there as well because my windshield frame after shipping was about 600 and the glass with professional install RaN me another 145$ at my local auto glass shop. There are a lot of rear bench seat options out there, just about anything that fits a CJ7 we'll fit this rig as far as seats go. As far as soft cab enclosure, the only one I know of at the moment is direct from Mahindra for about 1400$ as far as cab heaters go I've heard at least a half-dozen people say they installed at least a half-dozen different options. from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any one favorite Cab heater being used by the Rox our community. hopefully somebody with a little more expertise than me can chime in on the cab heater, Because I would like to get one for my rig before winter as well.

Just Google dirt legal and read the testimonials, they speak truth!

Google on the rox fabrication for everything else, they are great as well.

Good luck buddy. Your gunna love it!

I just spoke with the Department of Vehicle Licensing in Washington. They made it abundantly clear that they will NOT issue a vehicle registration to any Roxors. Is there anything more you can add?

General

Founding Member
I think Dirt Legal and other folks use a slightly different technique. Instead of asking the state to register an off-road vehicle for on-road use, in many cases they convert the off-road vehicle into an on-road vehicle legally. This can be done by switching the title between states and (here's where the magic happens) converting the vehicle type from off-road to on-road. The final product is a piece of paper which presents the vehicle as legal for on-road use, instead of having a stamp on your original title which says "For off-road use only." If you have a legally valid on-road title in your hand when you're standing at their service counter, I don't think they can decline to process your request.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think Dirt Legal and other folks use a slightly different technique. Instead of asking the state to register an off-road vehicle for on-road use, in many cases they convert the off-road vehicle into an on-road vehicle legally. This can be done by switching the title between states and (here's where the magic happens) converting the vehicle type from off-road to on-road. The final product is a piece of paper which presents the vehicle as legal for on-road use, instead of having a stamp on your original title which says "For off-road use only." If you have a legally valid on-road title in your hand when you're standing at their service counter, I don't think they can decline to process your request.
What he said :)

TomV

What he said :)
Anyone want to stake $15-18K on that bet? Thats a big gamble considering you won't know till you try it. I really want one in CT, and DL says they would get me a South Dakota Reg, but I don't know if that will also come with a "street legal" title. I don't want to gamble the $18K only to take my SD plate and papers to the DMV in CT and find out I'm SOL...

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Dirt Legal couldn’t help me in SC. I am running on a golf car tag and having a blast. Accept it for what it is. If I have to haul it some where to ride then so be it. It is so much more than any side by side or 4wheeler ever dreamed to be.