ooooooooooo

Howdy from Arizona

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been going to Moab Utah for the past 5ys riding with the TW200 group. It is a small Yamaha motorcycle that is a blast to poke around with. Tw riders come from all over the country to meet up for a week each april/may.
If anyone is interested, I am thinking it would be great to have Roxor folks plan a ride there. They are very offroad friendly there and us being able to hit the pavement a bit, as they allow us in town, and there are miles of off road trails. I don't care to do any rock crawling or extreme riding, just enjoy the company of other owners, campfire evenings and some superior back country riding.
I just picked up my Roxor and am excited to ride with other owners.
That sounds awesome. I'd be in. You should start a new thread with a projected said of dates so people can chime in and possibly have a say on when they'd like it to happen.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i do believe we can do a regional thread for events and so forth.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am going to be camped just north of moab on willow springs road. Figure to be there mid march.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
March. Think jeep week is in apr, that might be intriguing. Was there last year, but not with a jeep. For me too many of them and organized, no free thinking there. Sign up and go with a mob, not to my liking.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That sounds awesome. I'd be in. You should start a new thread with a projected said of dates so people can chime in and possibly have a say on when they'd like it to happen.
March. Think jeep week is in apr, that might be intriguing. Was there last year, but not with a jeep. For me too many of them and organized, no free thinking there. Sign up and go with a mob, not to my liking.
My mistake, mid apr till first week of may.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Moab is April4-12, I have a post on here for it. I personally ride in a small group of friends. I do think it is cool to see a pack of jeeps though.:cool:

LilRedRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just picked up my ROXOR today! Had dealer make it street-legal. Still not clear or what “highways” I can or cannot take it on. The law -at least this one - seems ambiguous compared to Cali nanny-state where each and every prohibition is spelled out in bold capital letters.

fourhounds

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just picked up my ROXOR today! Had dealer make it street-legal. Still not clear or what “highways” I can or cannot take it on. The law -at least this one - seems ambiguous compared to Cali nanny-state where each and every prohibition is spelled out in bold capital letters.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here you go. I'm not a lawyer nor a legislator. If you want a larger explanation you can read the bill that was submitted and put into effect by J-NO. Here.

Last edited:

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had to wait to get my plate, not sure if you have yours yet. The original plate that came in had an RV designation. Took that plate and the OHV sticker to the MVD. They transferred the OHV tag and issued me a new MC plate after I paid a hefty amount. VLT, plus safety fee, plus registration fee. They go by whatever MSRP they have in their system. 315.91 in damages to my wallet later and I had a now truly street legal vehicle. They don't do an inspection. You sign something stating that you've made all the necessary changes to it required under the law. No emissions test was required. Because of the weight of the vehicle you will be required to pay the VLT no matter what, some people have gotten away with not doing so. I chose not to take the chance. Because you are already paying the VLT it makes sense to just register it for highway use since...you'd only be saving that money if the vehicle was under 1800lbs and you weren't required to pay it. Primarily off highway is an option, but since you are already paying the VLT I'm not sure why you'd chose to do it.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep. Same thing here in Prescott. MC plate because of the weight.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
same. about 300$ not sure in az about the interstate. good on roads and highways.

LilRedRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for all your input! However still not clear...because nothing anywhere even in JN’s bill speaks to where a “street-legal” ohv can legally drive. Unless I missed something buried in all the legalese lol. We’ve been told we are restricted to “highways” where speed limit is 45 and under, although I have yet to see any documents stating that specific language. Therefore I want to ask you,my fellow Arizonans, where do you drive your Roxors? Do you drive your Roxors on anyon all State Highways?
I have been assured by the dealer that I will be receiving the street-legal MC plate with all the appropriate decals and stickers. We are fully insured and have lighted plate holder, windshield, mirrors, and turn indicator signals. And fully outfitted, the Lil Red Roxor is a beauty indeed. I just want to rest assured that we can drive her down the 68 from Bullhead city to Kingman without a problem.