ooooooooooo

How are they off road?

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey guys, wondering if anybody has any experience with these bad boys in the mountains? All my riding would be in Wyoming. I would have about 10 miles of rough jagged Rocky Mountain terrain before I get to the trails. Just wondering how everyone thinks these will hold up? Or if anyone has any similar riding experience they could share would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I have put about 700 miles on mine. I am of the opinion they handle just like a Jeep CJ5 on and off the road. I am not operating in the extreme terrain you are mentioning, but I think it is rock solid. Perhaps some other members might weigh in

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys, wondering if anybody has any experience with these bad boys in the mountains? All my riding would be in Wyoming. I would have about 10 miles of rough jagged Rocky Mountain terrain before I get to the trails. Just wondering how everyone thinks these will hold up? Or if anyone has any similar riding experience they could share would be awesome.

You will def need to get some sort of locking differential or limited slip. The open diff just won't cut it on truly challenging terrain. Also rocky terrain will 100% call for oil pan armor as these oil pans hand low (unless you like bleeding your oil out onto the trail and blowing up your engin) other than that they are really well equipped. Wyatt at on the rox fabrication can help you with both of those things. Tell em Sonny sent ya.
P.S if your realy gunna off road DEFIANTLY get the winch. It's the single best investment you can make. Trust me, as a guy that has already put my winch to good use when you sticK one of these your not just gunna push it out like a traditional utv. It's alot of steel!

Jewell68

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Closing In on our 1000 and we ride on, off, rail to no trail and back down the dirt roads towards the pavement and glad to report the ride is enjoyable throughout. What rough terrain we have encountered has not present an issue in the great state of Maine even while wading through a beaver bog or two.

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the info. It helps me a lot, some skid plates and it sounds like I should be good. I know there pretty new but how do you guys think they will be sitting over the winter months and then firing them up come spring? I’d keep the battery on a tender of course. It will sit for a month or so and then get driven for a week then sit again. Think it will be ok doing that as far as starting and such? I just won’t be in it daily or weekly, I’m in Omaha, NE and they will be in storage in Wyoming until we take our trips out to ride.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the info. It helps me a lot, some skid plates and it sounds like I should be good. I know there pretty new but how do you guys think they will be sitting over the winter months and then firing them up come spring? I’d keep the battery on a tender of course. It will sit for a month or so and then get driven for a week then sit again. Think it will be ok doing that as far as starting and such? I just won’t be in it daily or weekly, I’m in Omaha, NE and they will be in storage in Wyoming until we take our trips out to ride.

It's super well built. The r&D for this thing took place in northern Michigan and from what our rep at roxor told me they had no problem cranking in -20 degree weather. Being disel you are alot better off with this than a gas vehicle if it's gunna sit cuz disel dosnt begin to break down as fast. Get some emzime for the tank to eat bad bacteria (can be found at any auto parts store) and some anti jell fule treatment for winter months and you will be good for several years let alone months. Good luck

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the the reply’s guys, it helps a lot. Can anybody tell me what the warranty is on them? I might be missing it, but I can’t find it.

Karl Probts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We got ours this week,and I have driven it 240 miles. About 40 of them on paved road. The other 200 are 50/50 gravel road and fire road. A few along a high line,and some on utv trails.
My wife and I have had a lot of fun this week. It rides nice on the fire roads,and logging roads. We can talk while underway,can not in our rzr.The wildlife we see are not spooked by it. Fuel milage is unbelievable. Built tight. Frame is built better than a m38a1. Power stearing just right. The whole machine works well as a unit. Way better than the flatfenders I have driven off road. More fun than the newer jeeps. This is a heavy duty utv. Best way I can describe it is long wheel base turbo overdrive samuri. But with less noise.

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
These damn things seem like tanks from what you all have said and what I read. Went and test drove one today and it was a blast. I was very impressed with it. The salesman had no knowledge at all, all they could tell me is I can unplug something to make it go fast!!! They knew that but, nothing else. Does anybody ride at high altitude? Wondering about power on hills. Read somebody said they had a paved steep incline on the road in front of there house and before they could get to the top they had to downshift to second gear and was going about 15mph and engine was screaming. I ask because I’ll be in the mountains like I mentioned, we are at 8800 feet and we are at bottom of mountain. We will often times ride into town (4 miles) and it’s uphill our whole way back. Would be great to take the ROXOR (if I quit screwing around and buy one) down there. Just wondering how you guys think it would do? It’s 55mph on the road, 45mph would be ok but 15 or less would upset traffic.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We got ours this week,and I have driven it 240 miles. About 40 of them on paved road. The other 200 are 50/50 gravel road and fire road. A few along a high line,and some on utv trails.
My wife and I have had a lot of fun this week. It rides nice on the fire roads,and logging roads. We can talk while underway,can not in our rzr.The wildlife we see are not spooked by it. Fuel milage is unbelievable. Built tight. Frame is built better than a m38a1. Power stearing just right. The whole machine works well as a unit. Way better than the flatfenders I have driven off road. More fun than the newer jeeps. This is a heavy duty utv. Best way I can describe it is long wheel base turbo overdrive samuri. But with less noise.

You are right on , I identify with logging rds and 2 tracks here in upper Mi. I also had a Samauri which was about the best off/on rd vehicle ever made. Noise wise, the Sammi was quiet, but I had a tin top and with all the build ups right down to the stainless headers on a modified 1.6 engine driving super Swampers thru the woods. The problem with the Sammi was it not built for winter , just too light wt for a plow. The Rox has the bones for snow equipment , whatever needed , more like a small tractor but without the needed gearing.......just my experence

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
These damn things seem like tanks from what you all have said and what I read. Went and test drove one today and it was a blast. I was very impressed with it. The salesman had no knowledge at all, all they could tell me is I can unplug something to make it go fast!!! They knew that but, nothing else. Does anybody ride at high altitude? Wondering about power on hills. Read somebody said they had a paved steep incline on the road in front of there house and before they could get to the top they had to downshift to second gear and was going about 15mph and engine was screaming. I ask because I’ll be in the mountains like I mentioned, we are at 8800 feet and we are at bottom of mountain. We will often times ride into town (4 miles) and it’s uphill our whole way back. Would be great to take the ROXOR (if I quit screwing around and buy one) down there. Just wondering how you guys think it would do? It’s 55mph on the road, 45mph would be ok but 15 or less would upset traffic.

Get the tune from disel freak. It cost 600 bucks, the ecu will be back to u in a couple days and it fixes any problems with keeping up with traffic going up hills (I use mine in mountains of wv). Prior to the tune i could not hold taller gears on some steep inclines. After the tune on steep inclines i have to let off of the gas on most so i can negotiate turns safely. Def worth the 600, plus you get rid of the 45 mph speed limiter and still can use your spedo.

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks Sonnyd. I’ve read about the tune from diesel freak. Seems like a great way to let the ROXOR breathe and get more out of it. Something I will definitely consider if I make the purchase. I shouldn’t say this is a steep incline, it’s more of a gradual steady incline for about 4 or 5 miles. Our diesel trucks just don’t seem to have the same power when we’re up in high altitude is the only reason I was asking.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Get the tune from disel freak. It cost 600 bucks, the ecu will be back to u in a couple days and it fixes any problems with keeping up with traffic going up hills (I use mine in mountains of wv). Prior to the tune i could not hold taller gears on some steep inclines. After the tune on steep inclines i have to let off of the gas on most so i can negotiate turns safely. Def worth the 600, plus you get rid of the 45 mph speed limiter and still can use your spedo.
I have the same experence, now I have a hard time keeping the speed down...in any gear.( except 5th which I will never use anyway ) one of the fun things is my old driveway is so steep a loaded dump truck can not top it.....I put the Rox in third gear transfer in low ...goes right on up without any attention including accelerator , like a tractor does.

cumminfourya

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well it did everything I wanted and more. Was finally able to get mine up to Wyoming and ride. This thing is a absolute beast. Everybody on the trails stopped to talk about it. Many people have heard of them and seen videos and said how amazed they were after seeing in person. It handled all the terrain perfect!!!

7c3971d1d739b38b04d0d89b70262e68.jpg

17e537bdee69e1be9929afdfa8076eb6.jpg

3ab948b8efef172cea808ecee5974efe.jpg

a4f7b125e5db7692b37e51e54a258198.jpg

519b7abf3ad6bf2707fb80e1b01d7dee.jpg

72d7af6ccde8c422ad66ff1ba6b90ff3.jpg